Chapter 1: New Beginning

My Crimson Angel, why did you leave me?

I say while looking at an old picture of me and Juuzou. We were both 17.

A tear sheds my eye. My heartbeat gets faster and faster. It hurt. It hurt so much because I love him more than anything. I miss his soft touch, his kisses, his sweet honey smell...

I'm 22 years old now. Working for CCG as an Associate Special Class, the second highest rank.

I lay down my bed, thinking about where it all begin. There's so many memories but I pick one in particular.

When I first started to develop feelings for him...

5 years ago...

I met Juuzou at the CCG Academy. Everyone hated him for his weird behavior but I liked it, I thought it was unique.

I wasn't a happy person. My mom left me and my dad for no reason. Then my dad left to work in another country, so I've been left alone with care takers. Of course my dad still came to visit time to time, but I always miss him. It was a bit odd that he left to work abroad, I mean, he was a military soldier and then he became a very well respected investigator. He had no reason to leave...

My family is rich, very rich. Even though I have all this money, it can't buy me happiness. I was alone, so alone, and bullied- Jealous losers would bully me every day at the Academy. But it wasn't that kind of normal bullying...

They hit me. With heavy objects. Cut me. With knives or scissors. Burned me. With cigarettes. And they did many other things... They mentally and physically tortured me. I lost my feeling of physical pain. I can't feel it anymore. Which had both pros and cons...

Only one person had the guts to stop them. That person was Juuzou Suzuya. No one dared to mess with him, he would beat up anyone with no mercy. He wouldn't even flinch when someone hit him back, since he's like me; can't feel any physical pain. He wouldn't get in trouble since he has some "mental problems".

...

I would usually hang on the CCG bridge at sunsets. It's the only place that makes me calm. It's so relaxing to watch the beautiful golden colors projected on the sky.

"Y/nnnnnn~" A familiar voice echoes the place.

"Oh hello Juuzou!" I wave to him.

"Can I please take a bath at your place? Pleaseeee~" He begs with puppy eyes.

"It's been 3 weeks since you bath at my place. I told you to call a plumber. Do you want me to call it for you?" I cross my arms.

"Naw... I don't have any money to afford a plumber." He says while looking down and swinging his leg.

"I'll pay it for you."

"Ah... you don't have to..." His voice quiets down.

"Come on, I insist." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"I don't actually have an apartment." He confesses.

"What do you mean? You sleep on the streets?" My eyes widen.

"Not really... I sleep in an abandoned house. It was this or live in the dorms with the meanies." He turns his head away.

"You can stay with me. I'm living alone anyway, I'd like to have some company. And I insist, don't dare to decline. I'm not letting you sleep in that cold abandoned house!"