Chapter 7: Another Love

I look at the red electric clock that is glowing in the dark. It's 2:42 am. He can't stop humming and I swear I'm going to sew his mouth! But I don't feel like talking to him, not after what he did to me.

So, where are we? At the hospital. In the same hospital room. Why? Because apparently they had just a few rooms left. The hospital is big, how can they be so full?

So what happened? Long story short, he stabbed me and I stabbed him back...

His humming gets louder and louder, I can't stand it anymore.

"Can you shut the fuck up? I'm trying to sleep!" I rudely say.

"Well it's your fault we're here." Juuzou says.

"My fault?! How is it my fault?! You were the one who stabbed me first in the stomach!!" I shout.

"You were the one who provoked me! You ruined my investigation!" He throws a pillow on the floor out of anger.

"Why did you kiss Hanbee then?"

"I told you already! The ghoul noticed us so we had to do something to cover! We've been spying him for 6 months and you ruined everything!"

"I didn't ruin anything! You have no experience in investigations! If only you payed attention in class instead of sleeping! And also, I actually know that ghoul's identity. But I'm not going to help you because you're a stupid brat! Seriously when are you going to get your shit together?! Go see a therapist!"

"You think you're so smart and cool by knowing their identity but you never worked hard like us!"

"Excuse me? How dare you? Do you know how hard it was to be an undercover spy? I was surrounded by at least one thousand ghouls that could have killed me!"

"Stop acting like it's a trophy. This mission was possible only because you're lucky to have that rare blood! You were always lucky! You were born rich and you have a family! I had to work hard to become rich and I don't even have a family!"

"Wow, that's all you can say?" I tear up. "So what if I'm rich? That doesn't bring me happiness. And my family? I only have my father. And you know what makes me unhappy? You. You are the reason why I got bullied so severely. And you also used me twice. Fuck! I don't know if I should believe your story with the voices."

"Fine, don't believe it! It doesn't matter to me! You don't matter to me anymore!" He turns his back on me.

"Whatever, fuck off asshole."

Silence took over. Finally some peace, I can sleep now.

...

Flashback 5 years ago...

It was a warm summer rain, but it still was cold. Perhaps maybe because I'm laying down on this wet mud? If it wasn't summer, I would probably die. That seems better than suffering.

I can't get up, I can't feel my arms and legs, I'm paralyzed. I'm in the middle of the forest and it's getting dark soon. No one is going to help me, I am going to die here.

What did I do to deserve this? What wrong did I do to them to deserve this? They beat me up, stabbed my arms and legs and left me here to die. They did it before, multiple times, but this time... This is way too extreme.

A figure approaches me. Is it a ghoul? A ghost? The Grim Reaper?

It was a boy. I've seen him before... Celestial white hair, red ruby eyes, snow white skin and pretty doll face... His clothes were soaked in crimson red blood.

Our eyes meet, he looks at me with a worried expression but then he smiles. My vision starts to get blurry, his angelic face is the last thing I see.