Chapter 12: Rebirth

I look at the void while laying on a field full of white lycoris flowers. They're very beautiful but poisonous. I wish their poison was strong enough to kill me...

Wondering where I am now? On a mission. They ordered me to kill Kishou Arima. Except I don't have any desire to do that. But he certainly does.

"Get up. This fight isn't over." He says while approaching me.

I don't want to fight.

I try to get up but I feel too weak. I'm bleeding a lot and I feel dizzy. With this extreme anxiety I should be able to regenerate faster but... Why isn't it working?!

"Please... Stop this..." I try to speak with blood in my mouth.

But he doesn't seem to listen.

"Do you know what these flowers mean?" He glances at the ground.

"They symbolise death."

"That's the meaning of the red lycoris. The white ones symbolize rebirth."

"My blood painted them in red. So now they symbolize death."

"But that didn't change their true color. They are still white underneath your blood."

"So what are you trying to tell me?"

"You have to die in order to give birth to a new person."

"Are you serious?! Listen here you four eyed freak, I'm not Ken Kaneki! Don't pull a Haise Sasaki on me!"

He lifts his quinque pointing towards my forehead. So he's not kidding at all...

My adrenaline rushes through my veins. With all my strength I get up and grab my quinque.

I look back, he looks at me with empty eyes. Before I could launch an attack, he brutally hit my head. It happened so quick, I didn't even have time to blink.

Since I can't feel pain, my head feels very uncomfortable. I also feel dizzy and everything is so blurry.

After a while my vision started to clear up. Arima was no longer there. Neither the field of flowers. It was empty, all white.

"Y/n..."

I get up and turn to the sound of the voice. It was Juuzou, but with white hair and no red stitches. He was wearing white clothes. -So innocent and beautiful.

My parents appear behind him. They were wearing the same white clothes as Juuzou.

Little by little everyone I knew appears. Shinohara, Sofia, Koori, Ayato, Seidou, Shuu, Touka, Haise and the Quinx Squad, the Suzuya Squad... Even Eto, Tatara, Noro, Kanou and some of the ghouls from Aogiri Tree.

All of them were there except Arima.

I hold my hand towards Juuzou and he does the same. Before I even get to touch his hand, he dissapears.

"Juuzou?"

The same things happens with everyone else. They all dissapear.

I'm now left alone in this white void.

Once again I let my weakness kill me.

...

- Juuzou's POV -

Yuui is nowhere to be seen and I'm starting to get worried. I got distracted while fighting a group of ghouls. Neither my teammates saw see her leave.