Chapter 16: 2 Truths and a Lie

I stood there on my bed, staring at the ceiling for almost an hour. My father took me to my house, and eventually, I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later with Juuzou sleeping next to me. He had his arm wrapped around me. He's so annoying! He's like a leech that is impossible to take off. I knew if I moved an inch, he'll wake up. I don't want him to wake up because I don't want to talk to him. I don't want to interact with him or see his face. I'm mad at him, and I don't really know why.

He starts to groan, which means he woke up. I quickly close my eyes and pretend to sleep. He puts his head on my shoulder and tightens his hug. This really made me uncomfortable!

That's enough!

I open my eyes and push him off me. Then I stand up and cross my arms, showing him how upset I am.

"Hey... Are you alright?" He asks confused.

"What do you think?" I reply.

"Your father told me about everything. I'm really glad that you got your memories back!"

"I bet you liked me more when I was vulnerable. See this?" I show him the ring. "How dare you get engaged to me after everything you've done to me?!"

"You were-"

"I know! My father told me that I was the one proposing to you. But still! You should have politely refused!" I speak over him.

"How can I refuse you?! I-"

"How can you get engaged to someone if they don't have any memories of you? How can you get engaged to someone who barely knows you?"

"I'm sorry..." He bows in forgiveness.

"Now get out of my house, I have nothing else to tell you."

"But... I don't get it! Why are you so mad? I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Neither did I. Yet you accused me of things."

"I was-"

"-Controlled by some voices." I continue his sentence. "But you had nothing when you dated those 2 bitches."

"I..."

"Get out of my house! Now!" I point to the door.

"I won't leave you ever again... I love you." He angrily grabs my arm.

"Let me go!" I try to release from his grip.

"You can't leave me. I can't let you do that. I love you more than you love yourself." His eyes start to form tears.

"Do you have any idea how much pain you caused me in the past?!"

"I know. I know I've done terrible things to you and I really regret everything! But please forgive me, please, for the last time..."

"You want my forgiveness?! Then work for it! Prove that you love me!"

"I will do anything for you!" He bows to me.

I love him so much but still, he has to prove that he truly loves me too.

"You will tell me everything, all of your secrets, all of your thoughts about me, and the reason why you dated these 2 women. And if I catch you lie, I will make you regret it!" I say in a threatening tone.

"Alright... I will tell you... But will you tell me all of your secrets too? You worked for Aogiri Tree..."

"I have no secrets. We just never had the opportunity to talk about them."

"Alright then I'll start... It all began when we were 16 years old..."

Mini flashback 7 years ago...