Chapter 13: First Date Part. 1

My nice Friday evening with Y/n was completely ruined by the high-ups investigators visit. Investigator Kuroiwa, Investigator Houji, Investigator Marude and Investigator Furuta all came to check on Y/n. What bothers me a lot is that Koori came here too. I can see he's looking at her with hungry eyes.

"I believe if Investigator L/n goes to work, her memories will regain little by little. So if we remind her of something she did daily-"

"Absolutely not!" I interrupt Furuta.

"Furuta's idea seems great." Marude comments.

"I agree." Houji says.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowing L/n to work. She's not even capable to do so." I reply.

"How do you want her to regain her memories? By locking her up inside your house? Who's gonna take care of her when you go to work?" Furuta speaks.

"Her father will take care of her." I reply.

"Mr. L/n came in Japan?" Marude asks.

"Yes, he might move here permanently."

"That's great news." Marude smiles.

"L/n San, would you like to go to work again?" Furuta asks Y/n.

"Why are you asking her? I'm the one who decides for her." I say.

"L/n is an adult and she can decide for herself. Besides, you do not own her." Furuta smirks.

I swear I will tear off that smirk off his face...

"I agree with Furuta San. I think you are exaggerating a bit." Houji says.

"You do not understand. L/n is sick. She can't go to work." I respond.

"I can go to work." Y/n suddenly says.

The investigators look very surprised.

"I can't stay all day at home, I have to do something. So please Juuzou, let me go to work." She adds.

"I won't allow you." I frown at her.

"Here's how we'll do, Suzuya." Kuroiwa speaks. "We won't force L/n to work, she's just going to sit and observe. She won't have to write reports or go on missions. Is that okay for you, Investigator Suzuya?"

"You don't get it. I don't want her to be near some people." I glance at Koori. "Especially Investigator Arima."

"Arima tried to save L/n." Marude says.

"No, Arima tried to kill the old L/n -and he succeeded." I respond.

"I don't know who this Arima guy is, but I'm not afraid of him. I'm not afraid of anyone." Y/n says.

"But you don't know what he did to you-"

"Did you tell me what he did to me? You're keeping a lot of things from me. You're not letting me go to work because you're probably hiding something from me. Is that right?" She interrups me.

"I'm not hiding anything from you."

"Then tell me what that man did to me. Or shall I ask these gentlemen?"

"I promise I will tell you later..."

"And also promise me you'll let me go to work."

"I will think about that..."

"Anyway- I think it's time for us to go." Marude says while he gets up.

"Have a good evening." Juuzou bows.

"Thanks for letting us see L/n San. Have a nice evening and take care." Furuta says.

The guest leave my apartment but Koori stops in front of the door.