Chapter 9: New Enemy

Everyone was mourning Y/n's death. Her father fainted numerous times, Koori is completely paralyzed as well as Juuzou.

Haise is blaming himself for everything. But of course it's not his fault. He couldn't do that much to save her. Takizawa almost killed him too.

Nakarai also feels guilty. He is the reason why Juuzou got mad at Y/n.

Juuzou has mixed thoughts. He doesn't believe that Y/n is dead. This can't be real. He thinks it's all his fault.

Jina and Keichi were there too. They looked extremely sad.

Sofia is suspicious. She doesn't believe Y/n is dead. And the thing she's most suspicious of, is Y/n's promotion. They promoted Y/n to Special Class Investigator. CCG has never promoted Investigator who had passed away.

From far, someone is watching the funeral. He is there to spy. He's no enemy to Y/n, he's an ally.

...

A few hours passed by. I could not process the events. I was dead yet I'm alive now...

"Miss Y/n, someone wants to talk to you." Kanou says.

So what happened? Kanou saved me. With the regeneration serum.

"Hello there Y/n." Someone familiar enters the room.

"You." I frown.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Why do you care?"

"I understand why you're mad. And I apologize for hurting you and your friends."

"Wow such a honest apology! Just leave me alone Eto!"

"Alright. I will let you rest then we'll talk later. Okay?" She smiles at me.

This bitch is so annoying! I will never  forgive her for almost killing Juuzou and Shinohara!

Behind her was Ayato. Finally, someone who I can talk to. He was about to leave with Eto but I signal him to come over.

"Hey..." Ayato says shyly.

"Do you know what they want from me?" I ask.

"Honestly I don't know..."

"What about Big Madam?"

"Oh... Sadly Eto caught us but she wasn't upset about it. She even proposed to lock her up in our prison. Since you were... -Injured severely we didn't know what to do."

"Aogiri Tree has a prison?" I laugh.

"Yeah, we do."

"I know Eto is planning something. So tell me."

"I swear I don't know anything." He bites his lips.

He's lying.

"Whatever. It's pointless to lie. I will find about it soon anyway."

"I'm really sorry but Eto asked me to not say a word."

"I understand..."

"I think she might actually be upset at me for betraying her. She asked me to protect Big Madam but instead, I helped you kidnap her."

"Why did you choose to help me?"

"You didn't reveal our identities to CCG, I really owe you a lot, we all do."