Chapter 3: Unexpected Kiss

The hospital discharged me the next day. I locked myself inside my house and cried all day in my bed. Koori wanted to visit me but I told him to go away. He called me numerous times making sure I'm okay but he shouldn't worry, I'm not planning to kill myself...

Someone is ringing at my door. But I don't want to open it, I'm too tired. The person starts to ring the bell numerous times, it's getting annoying so I finally get out my bed and go downstairs. I open the front door:

"Oh my god Y/n I got so worried for a second!"

It's my best friend, Sofia Marshal. She's half Russian and half Japanese. I met her at the Academy right after I became friends with Juuzou. We quickly became friends with her. We were the perfect trio. Well that didn't last long... She moved to another CCG headquarters but after the thing with Juuzou happened I moved to her CCG HQ and I became partners with Sofia. She has the same rank as me and she's also a psychiatrist.

"Sofia!" I hug her tightly.

"Koori told me everything. Honey, you're not going to let a man ruin your life, especially not Juuzou! Don't allow him to hurt you!" She says.

"It's not Juuzou who hurt me, it's his fiancée." I break the news.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Did you say fiancée? Koori didn't tell me about that." She's shocked.

"He got engaged yesterday! How wonderful! And the worst part is that she was the one who saved me from my heart attack!" I punch the wall.

"Hold on- Let's go inside, I want you to tell me everything."

We both go inside and sit on the couch.

"So what's that bitch's name? How does she look like?" She asks.

"Her name is Jina but I don't know her last name. She's very pretty I can't deny it." I say.

"No one is prettier than you! I bet you look like a goddess next to her." She states a fact.

"I wonder how she accepts him. He has a weird and difficult personality. Even if he got more mature that doesn't mean his personality changed too."

"One word. Gold digger." She says confidently.

"Gold digger? Even if I hate her I really think she's a sweet person and wouldn't do that."

I can't belive I'm saying that.

"That's what she wants you to think. Being a gold digger requires great acting skills. Think a little Y/n, investigators gain thousands of dollars per day and high rank investigators like us and Juuzou gain even more money. So, she's after his money."

I never thought about that...

"You didn't even meet her don't judge that quickly."

But she might be right...

"Maybe I'll meet her soon because I just moved to your CCG headquarters." She shares the news.

"Really?? I'm so happy!" I jump of happiness. "Who is your partner? Are you in squad?"

"I'm actually a mentor. The mentor of the Quinx Squad."

"Quinx Squad? Wait but aren't you supposed to have a kangune or something?"

"The doctor who is responsible for them urgently called and informed me about the side effects of the quinx procedure. Apparently their mental health can be affected badly and since I'm psychiatrist, I'll make sure they're safe." She explains.

"So you're babysitting." I joke.

"Actually yes... The Burreau Director told me they're a huge mess and their current mentor isn't helping at all."