05

Someone knocked on the door, interrupting Jungwon and I's conversation. Jungwon paused and stared at me, as if waiting for me to do something. No one came in, either, to add on to my confusion.

"Tell them to come in." Jungwon whispered to me. I opened my mouth and nodded in understanding but asked, "But you walked in before I told you to come in."

He smirked. "I basically own this place. I don't need permission to enter a room."

I glared at him before saying, "Come in."

The door opened and in walked the most bubbly person I had ever met in my entire life. To say he was adorable was an understatement. He had blonde hair and sparkling eyes. He beamed, bringing up his hand to create a peace sign around his eye.

"Thunoo's here!" He exclaimed in a childish voice.

My eye twitched.

Jungwon groaned. "Hyung, please never talk like that again."

The boy stuck his tongue out at Jungwon before proceeding. "Good evening, my lady. I'm the crown prince of the Kim Kingdom. I'm here to accompany you to meet Prince Jay to choose your dress."

Jungwon tilted his head in confusion. "Why can't I take her to Jay? I'm just as capable as you are."

Sunoo frowned sarcastically, imitating a tear dropping down his face with his finger. "Awe, sorry if I hurt your silly man pride. This is just what I've been told to do."

I watched Jungwon and Sunoo talk back and forth. They seemed comfortable with each other, almost like they were siblings themselves. They balanced themselves out well, with Sunoo's bubbly and sarcastic personality and Jungwon's closed but warm personality.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her." Sunoo said with a wink directed at Jungwon before quickly grabbing my hand.

The next few seconds were living hell.

My stomach lurched forward as the air around Sunoo and I suddenly felt like it was compressed. I felt a strong pushing sensation and almost lost my balance from the dizziness. After half a second, the feelings vanished and I was standing in a completely different hall. Instead of the bright, gold hallways of the palace I was in, this new palace was mostly black. Instead of the eerie black, it was a very modern design.

My head throbbed as I looked around, panicked. Sunoo linked his arm through mine, leading me to another room.

"Sorry about that, I forgot that was your first time teleporting. I was trying to get away fast enough before Jungwon could steal you away from me." Sunoo buzzed. Then, his eyes sparkled as he looked at me with a big smile.

"Oh, but you'll have to tell me all about how you managed to steal that workaholic's heart. He barely batted an eye at any of the nobel ladies and men who tried to win him over." he chirped. I awkardly laughed, saying, "Oh... about that. We just met last night."

Sunoo stopped, dramatically gasping and bringing a hand up to his mouth. "Oh my," he giggled, eyes wide open, "So love at first sight?"

"You could say that."

Sunoo hummed, giving me a knowing look before continuing to pull me along. "This is the Park palace, so you're in the Park Kingdom right now, approximately three hours by car from the Yang Kingdom. We're going to Jay's salon right now, the crown prince. He's the best at anything remotely related to fashion and appearances."

I nodded, taking in the surroundings. This palace seemed more calm and quiet, even the servants more relaxed than the ones at the Yang Palace. "So, I'm guessing the Park Kingdom's crown prince is a vampire too?"