13

"Jungwon?"

Jungwon looked up from the book in his hand at me. "Yes?"

"What are those lines on the pages and why do you keep on staring at them?" I asked.

Jungwon noticed the confusion on my face and let out a laugh, the sound melodic and his eyes crinkling in happiness. He raised a hand and rubbed my hair in a fond way, a big smile still on his young face.

"I'm reading a book."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Reading? A book? What does reading mean?"

Jungwon squinted his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, thinking. "I'm not quite sure how to explain it." He answered. "It's like recognizing words and comprehending them, sort of like a movie in word form."

It didn't make any sense to me, but I pouted at the thought of Jungwon being able to do something that I couldn't. I tugged at his book, squinting in a desperate attempt to 'read'. "Why can't I read too?"

Looking at my puzzled expression, Jungwon let out another heartfelt laugh, hand still on my head in a caring manner. "You're only three, silly!"

This made me pout even more, tears watering in my eyes. "But Jungwon, you're only a few months older than me! You're only four."

Jungwon set the book down on the table across from the sofa we were sitting on with a small smile before pressing me against him in a hug. His hand rubbed my back soothingly.

"There's nothing to cry about, silly. I'll teach you how to read starting today, ok?"

...

I slowly opened my eyes, not sure which reality I was in.

It was already pitch dark outside, which meant I was supposed to wake up soon anyways. However, my thoughts were still racing to try and remember the dream I had before it could remove myself from my memory.

"Jungwon?" I whispered, confused. Before I could try and recall anything else, my mind went completely blank. I sighed in frustration. Why must my brain do this to me all the time?

I gave myself another minute to try and recall my dream. I knew there was no use, as my brain came up with nothing.

I groaned and turned my head into my pillow, annoyed. I ignored the aching pain from my side.

Someone knocked on my bedroom door. I turned to it, expecting Diana and my other maids to walk in.

I almost let out a scream when Jungwon walked in. He side-eyed my shocked figure hiding behind my covers and staring at him. His hair was damp, as if he had just taken a shower. To my surprise, he wasn't dressed in his normal prince uniform. Instead, he had on a green crewneck with sweatpants and his house slippers. A pair of circular glasses rested on his nose, and in his hand was a medical box. 

Oh. 

Right. 

I was staying in Jungwon's bedchamber. His house like bedchamber. 

"Goodmorning." He said hesitantly, taking in my spooked form. His eyebrow furrowed in confusion, not sure why I was acting this way. Then, it hit him. 

He slowly turned to my door and pointed at it, a look of understanding and amusement on his face. "Oh, I get it. You wanted me to wait outside the door right?"