20

It turns out, the "room" Jungwon mentioned was actually a full villa. The interior of the villa was decorated in a modern but tropical style, with the main color theme being a cool shade of blue.

As he had promised, Jungwon had made sure to book a villa that had bedrooms spaciously separated from each other, with our room being the farthest away from everyone's.

Before I could toss myself in our bed and absently stare at the objects in our room, Jungwon tugged me on a walk with him on the beach, which our villa was conveniently located on.

We passed by Sunghoon and Jake, who were already jumping around in the pool. Next to them, poor Heeseung was drowning in the splashes the two boys were creating and struggling to hop out of the pool. Jay, seeing his friend's struggle, quickly helped him out.

Sunoo was sprawled out on one of the beach chairs on the sand, sunglasses resting on his face and completely unbothered by the lack of sun nor Riki piling sand on his feet. Riki giggled, patting more sand onto Sunoo's feet and a camera dangling around his neck.

Jungwon was excitedly pulling me by my hand. The sand underneath my feet was soft and powdery, unlike what I had imagined it to be like. I guess this was the difference of sand on an island beach.

"Let's go to the water!" Jungwon exclaimed. He had quickly changed into swimming trunks in the villa before flaunting into our bedroom to make sure I wasn't already sprawled out on our bed. Then, he had made sure to zip one of his windbreakers over me as well as a waterproof gauze so there would be less salt water coming into contact with my still-healing injury.

As we got closer to the sea, my excitement grew. Considering the way the boy was practically jumping up and down from happiness, Jungwon felt the same way.

Cute, I thought.

We reached the sea, and Jungwon happily ran into the water without hesitation. I attempted to do the same, but realized too late just how cold the water was on my inexperienced body.

I pranced away from the water and back onto the damp sand the second my feet came into contact with the icy ocean.

Jungwon turned to me, confused. The lower half of his body was already soaked, but he looked unbothered by the temperature. A sly smile grew on Mr. I'm-immune-to-hypothermia's face as he realized why I was reluctant to step in the water.

"Come on, Yumin, a little cold won't bother you." He cooed. "Plus, your body will adjust to the cold."

I paused, weighing every outcome that could possibly happen. The water was freezing, and even though it wasn't exactly cold outside, the night wind wouldn't help. I peered down at the quick-dry shorts I was wearing that would not remotely help keep me warm at all.

Yeah, there was no I would let the ocean turn me into a human ice pack.

Jungwon snorted as he noticed me slowly backing away from the ocean. I took another step back as he ran a hand through his hair.

Before I knew it, the tall vampire prince was charging at me.

I quickly turned, trying to make a run for it to try and escape my inevitable doom. Not surprisingly, Jungwon caught up to me with no trouble and snatched me into his arms. I let out a mixture of a shriek and a laugh as I was lifted into the air. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held onto him as he ran back into the ocean with me in his hands, his damp T-shirt sticking onto me.

He let out a laugh at the same time I let out a terrified scream as soon as the water came into contact with my skin. To my dismay, this boy would just not stop running.