2.42

Jungwon kept his firm grip on my arm as he scanned the group that was now surrounding us, a look of warning on his face. I was alert now, too, recalling all of the training that Jungwon had drilled into my head. There were definitely more than ten men from what I could tell. I refused to dwell over the possibility that Yunseo had betrayed us. 

"Oh my fucking gosh, y'all. Did I not just tell you guys to look even a tad bit nicer? Now you've ruined their first impression of us, you airheads." An annoyed voice piped up from my left, making me turn my head towards the man. 

Yunseo nodded, crossing her arms with an annoyed face and glaring at each of the men. "For real, you try-hards just had  to come out after the pureblood part to look dramatic." She turned Jungwon and I. "Relax, they might look like big hunks of muscle but I assure you that there's nothing but dust inside those skulls. I'd strangle them the second one tries to lay a hand on you." 

Hearing her words brought a sense of relief to me. I was glad that I wouldn't have to go through a betrayal, or else I probably would've ended it right then and there. Jungwon, however, didn't seem to fully let his guard down- which made sense, since he wasn't too familiar with Yunseo. 

Yunseo gestured to the men. "Meet my new friends, they like to be called 'Seventeen'."

"But... there's thirteen of them." Jungwon questioned, pointer finger up and recounting each head just to make sure he wasn't mistaken. 

"Yeah, tell that to the motherfucker who can't count but somehow  got the privilege of naming us." The man who had spoken earlier scorned. 

A guy to our right scoffed, displaying an offended hand on his chest. "You know, even if it was a mistake, doesn't Seventeen sound like the 'Future of the World'?" to which he received a rather impolite finger from the original guy. Regardless, this mathematically-challenged man waved a hand. "The name's Dino." 

Jungwon and I inclined our heads in greeting as Dino started pointing at and introducing the rest of the members. "Minghao, Junhui, Dokyeom (we call him DK), Seungcheol, Mingyu, Seungkwan- you might not want to talk to him, he's rather moody- OW stop throwing things at me Seungkwan, Woozi, Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Vernon, Joshua, and Hoshi." 

The last guy waved at us, flashing an adorable smile. "I'm a tiger." 

"Ah... nice to meet you." I waved back as Jungwon gave him a confused look. 

"Anyways," Yunseo said. "They're all human. And yeah, we know you're a pureblood. That's also something that the old lady told me." 

Jungwon frowned. "I wonder how she knew so much without you even mentioning names."

Yunseo shrugged, putting her two palms up. "Hey, I think I'm gonna trust the old lady wearing a cloak with magic powers but you do you."

"Oh!" The guy I recalled was named Mingyu exclaimed. "I've been meaning to ask, uhh your highness(?????), how were you able to sense us? Is it some crazy cool like vampire shit or something?" 

Jungwon seemed a little surprised that someone had asked that question, quirking an eyebrow up at the sparkly-eyed boy. "Yeah, I uh can kind of sense minds and speak to people telepathically." 

"Wow."

"Thanks."

I found the rather awkward attitude surrounding Jungwon rather amusing, noting the way his shoulders were tense in the unfamiliar setting. 

Yunseo started walking to Jungwon and I, stopping in front of me and taking my hand into both of hers. "Yumin, you being a pureblood does not alter the image I have of you at all, and it does not make me trust you any less. In fact, I think that this is a great opportunity for the plan that Seventeen and I came up with."

She then turned to Jungwon. "We plan to murder the Queen. And we need your help to do it." 

Without even questioning it, Jungwon nodded and relaxed a bit, relieved that Yunseo and Seventeen had the same goals as he did. "What do I have to do?" 

Next to Yunseo, Woozi spoke up. I could tell from the way he spoke that he was practically a genius and gave everything well thought. "We're going to poison her tea with the deadly aconite flower. All you have to do is come up with a way to convince her." 

Jungwon looked at him with uncertainty. "The Queen is an extremely intelligent woman."

Suddenly, and idea formed in my head. I quickly tugged on his sleeve. "What about to discuss marriage with Lady Clora?" 

Before Jungwon could answer, Yunseo cut him off. There was a confused look on her face, perhaps even a little offended. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Woah, what? Jungwon, you're marrying another woman even with Yumin at your side? Why would you even want to do that?" 

Again, a now very flustered Jungwon was cut off from answering her by Seungkwan. "Is she prettier than Yumin or something?"

"Impossible." Yunseo and Jungwon answered at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise, but nodded in agreement. 

I chuckled, a bit flattered at their assurance. "Yunseo, that reminds me. Do you happen to know someone who could marry Jungwon and I right now?"

"What??" Yunseo asked, now even more confused than ever. 

Jungwon rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, preferably in under five minutes too."

"You're getting married???" Yunseo repeated, eyes spinning in confusion.

Hoshi stepped up to Jungwon, patting him on the back with a proud smile on his face. "Yo, I didn't know the two of you were engaged. Congrats, bro." 

Jungwon shook his hand, along with the others that came up to congratulate the two of us. "Thanks, man." 

"Married???? Yumin????" Yunseo repeated behind them. 

"Yumin, Jungwon, come here! I have marriage documents that you guys could sign right now." Vernon called out, waving us over as he pulled the papers out along with two pens from the satchel he was wearing. Jungwon and I gave each other smiles, before making our way towards him. 

"Now why the hell do you just randomly have marriage documents in there?" Yumin exclaimed, placing her face in her hands. 

A/N: GUYS I GOT MY ENHYPEN PRESALE CODE NOW I NEED TO MANIFEST VIP TICKETS