2.43

A/N: no heavy emphasis on the marriage part bc idk anything about the marriage process and bc they're just signing a few docs that vernon randomly pulled up with, not the actual wedding :P

"Damnnnn this is a nice room." Yunseo said approvingly whilst nodding her head as he eyes scanned my bedroom. "You sleep in here all by yourself?" 

"Ah," I replied awkwardly, following her as she made it her mission to physically touch every piece of furniture in my room. "Actually, I sleep in Jungwon's bedchambers." 

Hearing my words, Yunseo slowly turned around to me, her mouth wide open. 

I chuckled awkwardly, holding both of my palms up to her in defense. "I sleep. Sleep."

She turned back around with an unsure face, rolling her sleeves up and plopping on the bed. "Gonna give that husband of yours a little talk later." I laughed at her answer. 

Almost as if he had been summoned, Jungwon walked through my door, clad in his prince uniform that he only wore on special occasions- since today was technically a special occasion. It was the day he would be having the meeting with the Queen and hopefully poisoning her.

It had been an entire week since we met Yunseo in the forest, and she had been meeting us in one of the gardens every day since then to both discuss the plan with Jungwon and make up the lost time with me. Over this past week, I realized how incredibly amazing it is to be able to spend time with both Jungwon and Yunseo.

I also realized just how badly they got along. 

Whether it was the occasional trip that Yunseo gave an unsuspecting Jungwon by putting her leg out in front of him, or the "You know, if I wanted to unalive myself, I'd climb your ego and jump to your IQ" snarled back from him, it was almost hard to believe that they were joining forces. 

Not surprisingly, they continued this streak of dislike for each other even on such an important day like today. 

"You need a high five, in the face, with a hammer." Jungwon threw back at her without even blinking, sitting on the arm of the sofa-chair I was sitting on and leaning on his arm. Yunseo smiled back at him. "Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I don't want to hit you in the face. Hard."

"Okay, enough with that." I laughed, putting an end to their bickering before it could lead to more half-assed witty remarks as Jungwon stuck his tongue out at her, fiddling with a strand of my hair. 

"Yunseo, are the guys ready in their positions? And the poison brewed?" I asked. Each of the Seventeen members were playing a part in the plan today- some of them were the ones directly making the tea as chefs in the Royal Kitchen, some of them directly serving the tea, and the others threatening the real chefs and servants that had their jobs stolen by the teenage boys. 

Yunseo held up a crumpled up note. "Yes, everything is in place."

I leaned my head back on the sofa-chair and looked up at Jungwon, his image upside down from my view. "And you? Are you prepared?"

"I've always been prepared for the day I could finally kill that woman." He said in a sweet, menacing voice as he smiled wickedly down at me. "Never been happier. You can see, right?"

I had been given the task of keeping a watch over Jungwon. In order to do so, he would project what he sees through his eyes into my mind telepathically. An image of myself staring back portrayed in my mind, signalling his point of view. "Perfectly clear."

"Then, are we ready to start mission Kill-The-Plastic-Woman-On-The-Throne?" Yunseo asked excitedly, leaning forward in anticipation. 

The three of us looked at each other in agreement. "The game begins."