25

My body again moved on its own, turning to the side to face the person as if it was a normal thing. However, the familiar face of the owner of the voice made my mind scream in shock and surprise:

Jungwon.

He looked almost identical to how he did now, other than the fact that he was quite noticeably younger. With chubby cheeks and big sparkling eyes, it was obvious the boy had not grown into the features that were all too familiar to her yet.

Jungwon pulled the covers up higher around the two of us, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a hug. "It's okay." He whispered, possessing a slight lisp, smelling of baby powder. "I'll protect you."

He giggled at me, dramatically throwing a small hand in the air. "Forever, and ever, and ever!"

My mind could only spectate as my body let out a giggle as a response to his words, snuggling into the young boy.

The scene faded into darkness before revealing another scenario.

I was twirling in Jungwon's arms around the ballroom, although we were still young children. He guided me around the empty ballroom as a metronome ticked behind us, our instructor counting out beats.

We came to a stop in our dance, facing the instructor and bowing as she clapped delightfully. "How adorable!" She cooed.

However, she paused, slightly tilting her head. "But, if I may ask, why have you chosen a mere servant's daughter as your dance partner? You're only five, so there are plenty of noble girls your age willing to take up the chance of dancing with the crown prince."

Jungwon's boba eyes glanced at me, noticing my down expression. He stepped closer to me, gently grabbing my hand and beaming at our instructor.

"I'll let you in on a secret, Mrs. Cho." He whispered, leaning into her and bringing a hand up to cup his mouth. "I'm going to marry her one day, and she'll be my queen!" He chirped, eyes shining in belief.

Mrs. Cho scoffed in disbelief, placing a hand on her chest. "Now, don't be silly. You know you can't marry a common vampire."

Hearing her words, Jungwon pouted and wrapped an arm around me. "No, I won't marry anyone but her!"

Again, the scene faded with one last glance at Mrs. Cho tsking at the young prince, moving on to the next scene.

"Yumin." Jungwon's young voice said, desperation lacing it. "Please, just drink it." 

I looked down at the glass cup in my hands, watching as the thick, dark red liquid inside sloshed around. I rose the glass cup to my lips with shaking hands, attempting to force the liquid down my throat. However, the second the putrid, strong smell of blood wafted into my senses, I set the glass cup down again. 

"I... can't, Jungwon."

He gave out an exasperated sigh, eyes searching around to try and find a way to make me drink the blood. All I could do was look down in disappointment at the cursed liquid. My stare caught on the reflection staring back at me in the blood, sending an icy chill through my body.

Everything was normal about me in the reflection. I looked like a normal young girl, a younger figure identical to what I looked like now. Still, there was something wrong- my eyes.