• 24 •

Paisley

Paisley

As soon as he closes the door, Sebastian doesn't hesitate to ask where his anniversary gift is. He sits on the couch, allowing his head to loll back. Seb watches while I remove my heels.

"Come on, Pais," he groans. "I've been patient all night. My curiosity is driving me insane."

After kicking my heels off, I lean over and plant a kiss on his cheek. "Give me five minutes. You'll get your gift soon. Just, uh, wait here for a minute."

Sebastian flashes me a sardonic grin. "Should I time you?"

I snort. "Fine. Give me five minutes."

Before Sebastian can add anything, I make a beeline for the bedroom, locking the door behind me. Unless Sebastian picks the lock, he won't be able to get in here.

I waste no time getting to work. When the girls and I went shopping, there was a sale at Victoria's Secret. One that fuelled me to buy an obnoxious amount of cute bras and underwear, as well as a bodysuit. From my suitcase, I remove that bodysuit. It's lacy and white, with a deep plunge between the breasts. Three small roses dot the front, almost like buttons, and the back is cage-like and open. The lower area, while it covers the frontal area with a lacy pattern, does not cover my butt. Instead, it's a thong.

Stripping out of my dress and undergarments, I turn to the full-length mirror with the bodysuit in hand. As different as my body looks, I can't help but admire it. For all it's been through, my body looks damn good. The stretch marks are a reminder that Arielle is a happy, healthy baby. That Sebastian and I made her out of love. A reminder that I battled my way through postpartum.

I run a hand over my stomach, tears pooling in my eyes. I love my body. It's given me confidence and a family. A woman's body is amazing. After carrying a child for nine months and enduring the painful process of birth, they're able to bounce back.

Wiping away my tears, I pull on the bodysuit and tie it up. Next, I remove my hair elastic and let my hair fall down around me. It smells like my perfume and looks tousled. My cheeks are tinged pink with anticipation and my stomach is full of butterflies.

Speaking of my stomach...

It does a funny flip. A crease forms between my brows as I rest a hand against my lower stomach. It's strange for my stomach to be acting up. Maybe it's my nerves. Anxiety can make you feel nauseous. Plus, I've done nothing like this before. Playing dress-up for Sebastian is new, and I hope he likes it.

I shrug off the uneasy feeling. It has to be nerves.

With one last glance in the mirror, I exit the bedroom and rejoin Sebatian in the living room. He's moved from one couch to the other. His long legs are sprawled across the couch, and he's removed his tie. Some buttons on his dress shirt are undone as well. Light from his iPhone reflects the structure of his face as he scrolls through the photos from tonight.