• 13 •

Paisley

Paisley

Waiting for our dessert to be judged makes me anxious. It feels like people are watching us, despite their attention being elsewhere. I'm worried someone saw us or heard us. More so the prior than the latter. Sebastian exchanged Simone and Harper's sugar for salt while on camera.

There's no way they didn't catch him in the act.

I hope they didn't. Although I'm here for the experience, winning would be a great addition. I want to win for Dani. 

Yes, Sebastian can be impulsive (especially while under pressure), but he was defending his family.

Anyone should fear Sebastian if they mess with his family.

However, there is a way to win without bending or breaking the rules. As a team, we must be persistent. We can't succumb to Harper and Simone's level. They're equivalent to trying to discuss the past with Rhys and my parents.

Sebastian and I are good people. Good people aren't meant to waste their time with ignorant assholes.

When the cameras roll again, Ed recites his typical recap of today's events. I tune out, focusing too much on Sebastian's fingers laced through mine. His thumb continues to trace the back of my hand.

Ever since our conversation about having another kid, Sebastian's been extra cuddly. Not that I'm complaining. His affection represents his understanding. He knows I'm considering having another kid. Everyone emphasizes the positives of pregnancy. But they never highlight the women who experience a nightmare.

My pregnancy was a nightmare. One I don't want to experience again. However, every pregnancy is different. Or so I've heard. Whatever decisions I make will be based on myself.

Babies and pregnancies aside, I glance at Sebastian, wanting to return his slight gesture with a soft smile.

He's not looking at me.

Instead, he's locked in a wicked glare with Simone. Sebastian's jaw is set in stone, as if he's clenching his teeth. Simone's chin is tilted to the ceiling. And she looks pissed.

Simone must've tasted their dessert before the timer ran out. She's aware of the extra salty flavour. Her gaze says enough.

It also has another aspect to it. Curious desire. I can't blame her for that. Sebastian is handsome, and his charm is devilish. Other people may think he's handsome as long as they don't make any moves on him.

"Two teams," Ed says, "impressed the judges with their fantastic desserts."

Ed's voice cuts through my inner thoughts. Sebastian's hand tightens around mine as the suspense builds.

"The Twisted Churros and the Skippity Scones."

Amongst the cheering, a few of us laugh. These team names are something else. They sound juvenile.