• 7 •

Paisley

Paisley

Although the past Célia and I share still affects me, I'm thankful she's here. Knowing she will look after Arielle eases my concern. Célia is a wonderful grandmother. Still, it's difficult to let go. Spending time away from Arielle is new. Minus a few nights out with Sebastian. I haven't left her side.

But I continue to remind myself Célia is a good person.

She beats my mother, that's for sure. Ever since Arielle was born, Mom has put in extra effort to ignore me and my family. Until I revealed I was pregnant, Mom would sometimes e-mail me. Just as I would sometimes give her brief updates. 

Rhys and Dad are the same.

I'll never understand my family. I believe they expect me to turn a corner and come crawling back to them. Which is ridiculous. They should crawl to me, begging for forgiveness.

It took me a while to accept I was a victim of manipulation. My first reaction was embarrassment. How could I be so foolish? Then Sebastian reminded me it wasn't my fault. My parents raised me. I didn't know any better.

My second reaction was anger. I knew my parents favoured Rhys. That much was obvious. Favourable child or not, they had no right to treat me how they did. Which is why I've removed them from my life.

More importantly, Arielle's.

Sebastian and I will make sure she knows we love her. And, if we have another child, they'll be loved equally.

But that's for the future. My parental issues are in the past. There is still tension. There are still conversations we need to have. Until my parents feel the same way, there's nothing I can do.

Which is why I'm focusing on the good stuff today. Célia is here, willing to repair the damage by caring for my daughter. I'm also excited to see what Seasonal Cooking & Catering is like. Maybe even meet some of our competitors.

For the past fifteen minutes, Sebastian, Margaux, and Dani have been raving over it.

Cadence and I have been loitering around the kitchen. We're familiar with kitchens, but not as excited about the workspace as them. We're more interested in the aspects of this competition. I'll curious to know how important my role will be compared to the baking aspects. Not that I'm downgrading my work and skill. Flowers complete cakes. But cakes need perfect structure in order to stand.

Whatever my role is, I'm ready.

I'm ready for some change. Something to shake up my lifestyle. I love my home life and work life. After dealing with postpartum depression, though, stepping out of my boundaries is the kick I need.

Before I had Arielle, I would test out new hobbies. I'd take bigger chances with bouquets I designed for customers.

This isn't me blaming my pregnancy. I will never regret having Arielle. The process was laborious, as was the aftermath, but I'd endure it all again to have her. To know me and Sebastian created her out of love.