Chapter II

The Schnees sat at the dinner table, in silence as usual.

Weiss held her scroll in her hand, texting Ruby, who occasionally gave her some "messages", as she put it, from Blake and Yang. She was the only one making any form of noise, giggling at some things that Ruby would say, as her family focused on their food.

Jacques was glaring at Weiss. Of course he felt disrespected as he saw her texting the people she referred to as "friends", instead of eating with the family. Whitley and Willow couldn't care less.

"Weiss," he said, "put that scroll away."

Weiss glanced up at Jacques, giving him an angered look, before looking back down to her scroll, and continuing to type.

"Weiss!" Jacques growled. "Put! The scroll! Down!"

"No," Weiss said, without taking her eyes off her scroll.

"You're supposed to be eating with the family!" Jacques said.

"If that's the case, your logic is deeply flawed," Weiss said.

Willow sighed. "Here we go."

Whitley listened to the interaction, holding in an excited smile at the possibility his father would take Weiss' heiress status away from her.

"And why is that?" Jacques asked, his anger beginning to build at his daughter's attitude.

"Well, we aren't exactly communicating like a family, are we?" Weiss said.

Jacques only deepened his glare, refusing to admit he understood what she was talking about.

"Besides," Weiss continued, "I wouldn't consider what we have to be a 'family relationship'."

That was enough.

Jacques stood up, storming across the table. Weiss immediately knew what he was doing, and quickly typed a goodbye to Ruby. But, before she could press send, Jacques snatched the scroll from her hand.

"Wait!" Weiss yelled, reaching for the scroll. "At least let me say goodbye first!"

"Weiss, I don't want you speaking to these people!" he said, holding the scroll over his head. "They are a bad influence!"

"What, and you aren't?!" Weiss shouted, using a glyph to try and boost herself to the scroll.

But he saw it coming a mile away, and moved the scroll before she could grab it. He grabbed Weiss' arm, and started dragging her away from the table.

"What are you doing?!" Weiss shouted, struggling against his grip. "I can walk, you know!"

After a few minutes of dragging Weiss through the mansion, he eventually reached Weiss' room. He pulled open the door, and threw her in.

"You're throwing me into my room?!" Weiss said. "I'm 17 years old!!!"

"And you are acting like a child," Jacques said, putting the scroll in his pocket.

"I'm more mature than you," Weiss said.

Jacques growled, and shoved Weiss onto her bed. He quickly took a deep breath, before continuing.

"This is the influence your 'friends' are causing," he said, approaching the bed. "I don't want you talking to them, ever again."

Weiss scowled. "You can't do that!"

He pulled her scroll out from his pocket, opening her messages with Ruby.

"I believe I can," he said.