Chapter IX

The three ran forward as the infected charged.

Jacob pulled out Usurper's Boltslicer, and sliced an infected under the legs, causing it to collapse to the ground. As another came in close, he gave it a quick punch to the neck, knocking it back, before slicing another infected in the waist, spilling blood and guts onto the floor. Another infected charged past his blade, but he grabbed it with both arms, and jerked back, snapping its neck, before tossing it aside.

An infected pounced at Jacques, but he lifted the shield, holding it back in the process. He shoved it against the wall.

An infected approached from behind the Schnee, but Sonic dashed in full speed, and smacked it back with his baseball bat.

Another infected lunged at Jacques from above, and he smacked it with the shield, knocking it against the wall.

Jacob shot his arm out in front of him, sending electricity straight into an infected. Its body burned as the electricity surged through its veins, and it fell to the floor, burned to a crisp. A pack of infected charged at Jacob, and he held the blade of Usurper's Boltslicer in front of him, holding the group back.

Jacques turned around to see the pack attacking Jacob. Knowing he was their best line of defense, the Schnee charged to the pack, slamming his shield against them to hold them back, while Sonic held back infected from behind.

The pack was strong, and Jacques felt himself getting pushed to his knees. Then, he took advantage of the position, and slammed the shield against the feet. He lifted the shield up, and it impacted an infected, causing blood to squirt onto the ceiling.

Using all of their strength, Jacques and Jacob pushed the pack back, knocking them to the ground. Another infected charged up to the zinogre faunus, but he grabbed it, and lifted it into the air, slamming its body into the roof, before letting it drop to the ground.

An infected charged up to Jacques, knocking him into the wall, but Sonic caught the attack, and dashed to Jacques' side, kicking the infected back, and whacking it in the face with the bat. He dashed next to Jacob, who was holding back another pack of infected, and stuck the bat into one of their mouths.

The battle raged on for a brief couple seconds, Jacob using both his fists and Usurper's Boltslicer to keep infected back, Sonic speeding around as quick as he could to bash any infected from the back.

Finally, Jacques bashed his shield against an infected, knocking it into the door leading to the next hall. He rushed to the door, pulling it open, and turning to the others.

"Come on!" he yelled.

Jacob and Sonic ran for the door, and an infected grabbed the hedgehog faunus from behind. But he spun around, held his foot back, and used his semblance to kick with extreme force, sending the infected flying backwards.

"Hate to leave so fast, but I've gotta juice!" Sonic yelled, spinning around to join the others.

They shut the door, leaving the infected in the last hall.

They'd past Hall 10, only two more to go.

The trio ran to the next room, Sonic in the lead. He raised his bat, preparing for the next fight, but came to a stop as he realized who was in the next room.

The next group of infected were his old friends!

Sonic stood in silence, eyes widened as he looked on at the infected he used to call friends, who only stared at him with those pale eyes, craving to feed.

Jacob stepped in front of him.

"Just a second," he said.

Jacques and Jacob ran to the infected, trying to push past like before. Only, this time, Sonic stayed in the back, incapable of hurting even the infected versions of his old friends.