Chapter VII

The airship finally arrived at Argus.

Of course, the passengers were afraid, especially when they took note of how quiet the city was, and the lack of any signs of life.

The airship docked, and the civilians peered out the open doors to the empty docking bay beyond.

The airport was just up ahead. Hopefully, when they got through, they would find themselves in a civilization free of the virus.

Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles climbed out of the vehicle, the boys holding baseball bats in hand, as they guarded each other closely.

The Schnees stayed close together, Jacques and Whitley both well aware of the quarantine they were going to avoid, while Weiss kept her hand on Myrtenaster in case any infected appeared.

Jacob was more protective of Momo than ever, gripping her hand tightly as they both kept their eyes out for any sign of infected.

The pilots, who had never seen a single infected, were led by staff alongside the airship.

"What happened back there?" a pilot asked.

Then, as they looked up to the airship, their eyes widened in horror as they saw the dozens of infected pushed up against the glass, staining it in their own blood, in an attempt to push through to any future victims.

"This is the violent incident I told you about," the staff said.

The passengers were formed into a single-file line, as they slowly made their way through the empty airport. It was quiet, and empty, not a soul in sight, and everyone was more tense than they had ever been in their lives.

As they found themselves moving down a path down the main plaza, which had been barred into a straight path by police, Jacques took note of the gated off entrance to the east plaza.

He nodded to Whitley, and the two pushed open the gate to the current path, Jacques keeping an arm around Weiss' shoulder, and pushing her along to the east plaza.

She looked back to the others, confused. Where were they going? And why weren't the others following?

The passengers themselves were confused, but most ignored it.

Jacob placed an arm on Momo's shoulder. "Ignore them."

Jacques pulled open the gate to the east plaza, and turned to Weiss, who had stopped dead in her tracks, staring in confusion.

"Come on," he said.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

Jacques turned to look down the hallway leading to the safe zone, before looking back to Weiss.

"We're going this way," he said.

"Just us?" a deeply confused Weiss said.

"Yes," Jacques said. "Come on--"

He stopped, looking up to see the homeless rabbit faunus watching them from the main plaza path, the last in the line of passengers.

"What do you want?" Jacques said.

The rabbit faunus made his way over to them. "I'm coming with you."

"I'm sorry, sir," Whitley said. "The main plaza is that way. Go with the others."

"Oswald," the faunus corrected. "And I heard your phone call. About pulling you out. I know the others go to quarantine."

Weiss' eyes widened in horror, and she looked up to Jacques, filled with disgust.