Chapter X

"People rescued. Heading over now."

Amy smiled as she saw the text, and she stood up to announce to the others.

"My friend's coming!" she called out, a wide smile on her face.

"What did you say?" the staff said, approaching her.

"My friend from the other car is coming over!" Amy said.

"Who's coming?"

She turned to the source of the voice. A dejected Whitley was sitting against the wall.

"My friend!" Amy replied. "He was in Hall 9! He rescued some people!"

"'Rescued'?" Whitley repeated. "From there to here, passing through those monsters? Without no injuries? You sure they're not infected? ARE YOU DAMN SURE?!"

Am backed up in shock from the sudden outburst, as Whitley stood up.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Look at them," Whitley said, pointing to the fellow passengers. "Right this moment, no one knows what's happened to their families. We don't even know if your damn friends are infected! But we're letting them in here?!" He chuckled. "I don't believe this!"

Amy could tell he was getting people on his side, as all of the passengers had their eyes on her.

She turned to the staff. "Sir, please say something. They'll be here soon."

No reply. And from the look on his face, he was contemplating his decision too.

"Sir!" Amy pleaded, grasping his arm.

Jacques, Jacob, and Sonic felt relief as the lights turned off, but they only had a couple more minutes to spare. Whatever they were going to do next, they had to do it fast.

They stepped out from the restroom, and quietly opened the other, allowing Weiss, Momo, Oswald, and Anna to step out.

Weiss looked up to her father, unsure of what to do.

Then, he held her shoulders with both hands.

"Stay close to me," he said.

"I can defend myself," Weiss whispered.

"Then do so if you have to," Jacques whispered. "Just be careful."

Weiss was shocked at her father's concern, but she nodded to him.

He took her hand, and she grasped Myrtenaster with her other, as the group moved into the hallway.

They pushed their backs against the wall, watching the infected crowd around the window, snarling whenever they saw a flash of lightning, or heard a crash of thunder.

The group moved slow and steady, Momo and Jacob staying close together, Weiss and Jacques holding hands, and Sonic carefully leading Anna through, while Oswald moved from behind.

Then, an infected moved too close to Momo, and she held a hand over her mouth to keep from breathing. If the infected were to make one move, it would touch her stomach, and instinctively attack.

Jacques noticed the predicament, and looked around for something to throw. He spotted a bag on the ground. But it was inbetween an infected's feet.

A risky move, but he had to save her.

Jacques let go of Weiss hand, and she immediately panicked, spinning around to see him kneeling down, and reaching under the infected's feet.

She held a hand over her mouth to keep from talking, her heart thumping at the possibility of Jacques accidentally touching the infected.