015

lol we finally have Harry's POV, sorry Robin. my apologies it took a while for Harry, I just wanted this specific chapter to surround his perspective. there will be more Harry POV's, this is just the beginning.

enjoy!

Harry

NEW YEARS EVE

I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel to a beat I've been trying to figure out. The sun had been out for the first time a in few days, of course pedestrians still dressed in winter wear, I soaked up all I could get since I've been here. Most days have been gloomy and filled with what feels like nonstop rain.

The band and I, mainly me, were told by Jeff to learn cover songs or create something the fans haven't heard of yet, 40 minutes of my only album wasn't enough for a concert. Difficult thing is I found it impossible to write something. Something good at least, Mitch's drunken idea of a song about strawberries and other fruits wasn't cutting it.

That was until recently.

I figured out a tune for the song, Anna had been humming previously at the shop and the night when we danced the night away from her goblin of a neighbor, who appeared fuming with anger as I opened the door to her incessant knocking.

Now she's not only grown more of a disliking for Anna, but has sprouted one for me. How kind of her.

I had asked Anna about her hummed tune to which she responded, "it's just something random", with a shoulder shrug and a curl of her hair falling from the bun it had been in, framing her face. When I left all I could think about was if she enjoyed our dancing as much as I did. 

She was embarrassed, I could tell, her cheeks the shades of a ripe peach, but she managed to glow in all her natural beauty.

Now don't get so sappy, the synonyms of beautiful can all be used platonically.

Driving down this now familiar street I previously associated with Mitch and Sarah, I now knew it as the way to the hospital and -

"Anna?", I said to myself. There she is, crossing my line of vision, walking across the street along with a few other pedestrians, all uniformed in blue scrubs and business attire. Her dark hair is clipped back as usual, her hands in the pockets of a gray jacket she's wearing.

Part of me wishes she has forgotten about her brown sweater, it's quite warm and has a significant 'piece' that I can't seem to let go of.

Do I say something?

No that'd be weird. Just casually rolling down my window and shouting out her name in front of all these people, I'd be too embarrassed. She might hate me after.

Before I could rethink my decision anymore the  blue Volkswagen behind me honked seconds after the traffic light flicked green.

***

"Don't know what I'd tell you if I passed you on the street", I sang the lyrics that came to mind, carelessly letting my thoughts flow, leaving my lips and out for those around me to hear, confusion and curiosity spread across their faces.

"So let's start from the chorus again", Mitch says turning towards Adam, Sarah, and Claire. We met up at the studio to rehearse bits and pieces of the pending song. We've just made part of the first verse this morning, it still needed something, it didn't feel complete.  The verse I sang was created the minute I stepped into the studio, my inspiration finding itself at the crosswalk.

"I'll just make up some lyrics along the way, we'll write them down later", I express to everyone.

"1,2,3", I say into the mic, Adam and Mitch begin on their guitars, Sarah adding the most important of the song, the tempo. "I don't want your sympathy, but you don't know what you to do me, Oh Anna!".