022

Harry

LOCATION: Paris, France

DESTINATION: R. A. S.

The shadow of trees, branches moving by the wind, dancing across the skin of a sapphire angel. The suns occasional rays, if not shunned by clouds, peeped through the parting of the rooms cream curtains.

Her lips are slightly parted, swollen from her sleep and constant shifts. She moves a lot in her sleep. Although I don't mind it, her body seems to gravitate towards me, that or wherever it's warmer as she lately has only slept in underwear and tank tops or loose shirts.

I can't blame her for wanting to be close, even subconsciously, lost in deep sleep, I wanted to be closer. My hands having touching her skin in anyway, needing to know she's there, next to me.

Of all things my hands have held, the best by far is you.

We've watched each other for the past month, our sharing of my hotel room bed only being a step up from her couch. Jeff is starting to create a pattern for himself, forgetting to book Anna a room of her own or using the excuse that something may have went wrong in the system, however Anna didn't mind, she simply told Jeff it was fine and that bunking with yours truly was no problem.

I had suggested the first time that we share a room, my burst of confidence getting the best of me, and taking the risk. She could've completely rejected the idea, yet here we lay in our second location, the ends of her hair splayed out on the white pillow sheet.

Since late November she's always caught my eye, New Years she gleamed differently, and since the infamous night of the Rowland apartment, Robin Anna Safstrom has ran rampant through my head.

She makes me giddy and warm all over, I can stare at her from across the room and notice the kind of light that spreads out from her.

My mind finds it difficult to pinpoint this feeling, drowning me in embarrassment when she's around, even now as she slightly moves, my stomach flutters. 

The suns light now moving up from her lips to her eyelids. She groaned.

"Close the curtains", she demands tiredly, her voice a rasp. I smile, a gentle laugh leaving my lips.

"It's time to get up".

She opened her amber eyes to me with a squint, and the gracious gesture of her middle finger.

"No, it's your time to get up".

I sighed as she fell back asleep with ease, leaving the bed I went to close the gap in the curtains and quietly shuffling around the room as I got dressed.

Staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror I tugged and pulled at my shirt and pants, the fabric fitting the way I want it to. The room had become mostly dark once the curtains closed, my outfit based on the memory of what color my articles of clothing were.

Brown pants and a white, black trimmed top, the shirt a high neck with a sunset design of some sort.

I shrugged, content with what I looked like and began brushing my teeth and completing my morning tasks. To finish it off I sprayed the cologne Anna had gifted me, it recently became my signature scent.

While the scent reminded others of myself, it reminded me of her.

Shutting off the bathroom light, I closed the door. Awake and sitting upright on the bed is a tired Anna, bits and pieces of her hair sticking up. She rubbed her eyes like a tired child and just looked at me, acknowledging my obvious change of outfit from pajamas to actual clothing.