037

Harry

LOCATION: New York, NY (Robin's home)

DESTINATION: nowhere.

I have learned the nights are tough for her. In the darkness we lay together, our legs tangled in the warmth of her sheets, and even through the hectic life of mine, she is the one overwhelmed by things she wished to never be apart of.

"What's on your mind darling?", we both reached a breaking point of exhaustion, yet I never shut my eyes, she took care of everyone, it was my turn to watch over her.

My turn to take care of her.

She didn't respond, her head on my shoulder as she held onto me under the warmth of the duvet. We showered together, my hands in her hair, she was lost in her own world, but that's okay. I'm here to protect her from this cruel one.

She lost part of her everything, one of the most important people in her life. She loved Ernie with her entire being, to love is to take risk, and she does it so effortlessly. No fear. I think it's my turn to apply that.

In all things I've been so intrigued about in life, she became one of them, ever since that night she looked of sapphire, I was drawn to her, she became my addiction, my high. My mind craved nothing more than her voice, her scent, the left over gloss on my lips after she had kissed me for the first time. I repeated that kiss in my head for nights on end, hoping that if I bought her an endless supply of lip gloss she would kiss me over and over again and leave her shimmery signature on my lips.

I'm so passionate about this woman, so ardent.

It was about 8 in the morning when I slowly slid out of bed, Anna had just fallen asleep a couple hours ago. She would doze off and then wake up gasping, saying all she could see is the moment replaying in her head.

As much as I could, I tried staying awake with her, she didn't fully fall asleep until her face was pressed against my chest and I ran my fingers through and along her hair.

I hated to leave her in bed alone, but maybe breakfast in bed might bring some light to her day.

There is nothing in me right now that can imagine how she feels, losing someone like that. The most recent feeling of loss I know is losing her, I was dumb. I am not letting that happen again, I will do anything to keep her forever happy, loved, and cared for.

A ring seems too early for that, considering I have yet to pop a serious question. Although who knows how fast I'll move after that, I don't have much trust in myself to hold off for long.

Quietly I moved about the apartment, slowly getting two glasses out and grabbing orange juice from the fridge. Popping waffles into the toaster I looked around for a tray in the kitchen, and to my knowledge and searching there wasn't one.

Soon after giving up it popped into my head that there is a tray on the coffee table that holds a plant and the tv remote.

Eventually I had everything settled, I have heard no noise other than me so I assumed Anna is still asleep. Looking around I felt as if something recently significant was missing.

Grabbing the keys I made a quick trip to the floor below us and back up into the apartment where it still remained as quiet as can be, car horns and sirens only heard from the outside world.

Taking the tray and whistling to get this surprise to follow me, I used my back to open the door. Anna missing from the bed, and instead coming out from the bathroom, teeth freshly brushed and a comfortable sigh as she saw me.

"This was supposed to be break-".

"You brought Roxy back", with a kiss on the cheek, Anna then bent down and grabbed Roxy, slipping back into bed, the white miniature poodle resting at the ends of Anna's feet.