036

buckle your seat belts for the last part of this chapter, stuff gets heavy.

Robin

LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA

DESTINATION: nowhere

He called me.

Despite the time and how late it was, he called me when my head hit the fluffy pillow of Timothee's guest room. Timothee was acting weird after I got back in the car and we stopped at a drive thru at a nearby McDonald's, we were starving, but maybe he was just tired when we got back from everything.

The thoughts of Timothee however dispersed as I picked up Harry's call, his voice even raspier over the phone. I felt like it's been months since I've heard him like this.

"I know you kissed me goodnight, but I couldn't help the thought of knowing when we would be able to talk about everything. I refuse to say a peaceful goodnight to you until this is all cleared".

My tired self craved sleep, but the aching part of myself understood where he was coming from. After all, I was the one who needed this conversation all along. I need clearance.

"Okay, yeah, I agree. So, what happened that night? You never called me back or anything, I felt completely shut out and cut off".

If I needed clearance I figured not tip toeing around the subject would be best.

Harry sighed, "That day I arrived at the airport she was already waiting at the car with Jeff, sure enough she also squeezed herself in there".

"Did Jeff know?".

"Not until she threatened him with information about you, that was kind of the whole reason this all started. I tried pushing her away, but she only threatened your name more. I couldn't do that to you, I didn't want to reveal everything you've kept private for so long".

I played with pieces of my hair to keep myself grounded in this conversation, without it I would be pacing around the room.

"Thank you for that, I mean obviously I'm upset that it happened, but thank you for protecting me. I have nothing bad to hide, but I'd rather not have the hospital be swarmed with spectators".

"I really tried telling you when I called, but you were needed in another room so I lost to that fear of losing you, which I guess might have happened either way", his voice softens as if he moved away from the speaker. Underlying tones of pain and anger at himself.

"I'm still here", I express, no matter what people may think of me in this moment, there's been a thin wall between Harry and I. Knowing the truth of it all has been breaking it down.

Creating a new home and moving houses is always stressful.

"She just didn't get it the first time. I truly found my person and she got jealous. Before I left Texas she stopped me in the lobby and I just couldn't handle it anymore. I told her you are the only one, the only one I want to be with. Why anyone else Anna, when you're on the phone and not with me in this moment? I want you".

His voice broke.

"Baby, I miss you, more than anything. I wish we could lie in bed all day under your covers because it's cold and I just want to keep you warm. I'll play with your hair and kiss you over and over —"

"Harry", I gently spoke, my eyes closed as I formulated my words, "you found the note, didn't you?".

He sniffled, "the one in the book you gifted me?".

"Yeah".

"Yes, why?".

He came back, and here I was, waiting for him.