14) Dread

I was never a popular kid. But that didn't mean I was a kid who was invisible. I was the normal kid. I had friends, I had enemies. Some people knew me,some didn't. I had my own problems and traumas. But I was never labeled or associated with something or someone. I guess I couldn't say the same anymore.

I was dreading this from the moment I stepped outside my house but that didn't really prepare me for the amount of stares I was going to get. And suddenly I became the girl who found an unconscious girl on the sidewalk and slightly dramatic versions of it.

"Ignore them" Mils said. "They don't even have a clue what really happened. "

It was easier said than done. By the end of second period,I felt as if I had committed a crime or something. Maybe it was my overthinking but the phrase 'I was feeling terrible ' was an understatement.

■■■

"OMG, you should totally hear all these ruckus they are talking about what happened. It's gone so far that I wouldn't be surprised if someone said there had been an alien invasion. " Ace said as he placed his lunch tray onto the table.

"I honestly don't want to hear about it " I sighed.

"Why?! you don't seem to be in a good mood. Oh my God! don't say you care about all these stuffs they say about you.!"

"Ace give it a rest"

Did I? Did I really care? I didn't know anymore. I thought it was easy to ignore people's opinions. But i didn't really get much opinions when I believed in that. Ignoring stuff wasn't really as easy as it seemed like. I wish I knew this when I told people to ignore others.

The thought that I assumed the whole incident to be a dream just made everything a whole lot worse. And I knew what was coming.

"Are you alright Jay?"
I snapped from my thoughts and met a concerned looking Ace.

"Yeah I'm alright"

"You sure?" Mils asked.

"Yeah Mils, it's just that it's so uncanny,the whole situation. Like its just the thara situation all over again. "

"I know right! " Ace said. "I mean that's the reason why everyone's talking about this. Do you know what really happened to her? "

"Not really, I was just questioned and sent home."

"Mils ?" Ace asked.

"I don't too Ace. Maybe dad might know something."

"You don't think that this is connected to that attacker,do you?"

"I have no clue."

"I mean we should have kept a lookout. "

"And what? Protect a completely random lady who has nothing to do with our school? "

"Maybe , I don't know. "

"That's the thing, we don't know a single thing. I think we should stop thinking about this." Mils said making a statement.
And that was it.

■■■

"Have you been under any stress lately?"

"Not really"
This was coming from a high school student. Ha.

I was in a therapy session with my doctor. She was a thin lady with her round rimmed spectacles and curly hair.

"How about your school? Is there any bullying you experienced lately?"

"Nope"

It was the same old room I used to come many years ago when it all started.The surroundings didn't change much. It was the same wooden chairs and the desk. There was still that discoloration on the wall. The pictures were the same. The sunflower field,the sunset in the beach and a drawing of mountain ranges. All desperately trying to make the visitor feel happy and comfortable.
Did I though? Nope,not a bit.

"Your friends? How are they?"

"They are good"

"Did you have a fight or anything like that recently?"

"Nope, we're good."

"Is there any chance you might have used drugs or alcohol recently?"

"What no!" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry jaylin, just wanted to make sure.I'll prescribe some mild medication for you. You do show some symptoms of derealisation but it's mild. You don't really have to worry about it. Do the five senses check if you feel like you're dreaming. And also don't feel scared to come back if you need any help or just want someone to talk to."

"Okay doctor."

That wasn't really bad, was it?

Hey folks, I'm back. And all I can think about right now is how I'm going to edit and improve this story once I complete it. I know a lot of stuff in this is totally unrelatable and  cringe and I want to change that. But I also need to have a clarity on everything, (if you didn't realize it already , yes I'm also very much in the dark about what happens in here except the main plot).

Also I'm not really in the right headspace right now and I'm trying to hold on to the things that makes me happy, so please forgive me if it gives you a weird vibe or something. Just consider this as a draft.

So yeah. Also hear that song "all eyes on me". It's a masterpiece.

Uh___ see you soon.

Mils:  Don't forget to Vote.