9) Eat slugs

"Jay, millie is here!"

"Coming " I replied as I hurriedly took the last hair tie standing to tie my hair.

Snap.

This day couldn't have begun any better. I sighed looking at the dead remains of the faithful servant that held my hair and patience for the past three days.

"Jay!"

"Coming" I yelled back as I quickly knotted the hair tie again before tying my waist length hair up.

Food. Check

Books. Check

Phone. Check

Stupid personality. Check

"Jay!!" Mom suddenly appeared beside me making me jump.

"What part of 'coming' didn't you get!"

"The part where you didn't come down "

"I was going to" I said as mom imitated me with stupid whining sounds.

We both eye rolled at each other at the same time which made us eyeroll again.

"Jay!" Millie's shout was heard from below.

"Coming" We both shouted back.

I ran down ,grabbing my bag on the process.

"Bye mom"

"Byee. Finally..... freedom!!!" Said mom punching in the air.

"I heard that!"

Mils was waiting for me in her bike.

"What the brick were you doing there!" She exclaimed lifting her helmet making tissue papers cascade from it. "Oh crap"

"What are those tissues doing there" I asked clutching my stomach laughing.

"The Bubblegum wouldn't come off. I'm going to kill him." She said her face darkening.

I can't breathe.

"What are you laughing at "

"Nothing " I replied trying to control my breath.

"Come on, we will fix that later" I said as I got onto the bike as mils stuffed the tissue papers back.

Throughout our quiet journey with the wind whipping on our faces and my hair going back to the state I woke up, the only thing I could think about was the way I woke up in the shower. A chill ran down my spine as I tried to think something else. Funny that nothing comes to our usually bustling mind when we need it.

"Jay!"

I snapped out of my trance.

"We're here" Mils said removing her helmet again resulting in a cascade of tissues , only this time we had audience. "damitt " she cursed under her breath.