11) Burnt grass

Four days had passed by and nothing happened

Four days had passed by and nothing happened. No more fainting, no more suspicious things. We were notified that Thara had gone to coma like millie's dad predicted, but the reason was believed to be cause of taking the wrong pill. Apparently she had been taking sleeping pills. No one knew exactly how long she would be in coma, though there were many rumors and some made me sick.

Somehow it was hard for me to believe that someone was doing this on purpose. What if it really was just an accident? Even mr. Andrews didn't seem so sure of it himself.

We never talked about the derealisation disorder again, maybe because there wasn't another episode of fainting, and my fear of it coming true lessened though it was still there. Gradually people started forgetting about Thara because that's what people do. But I couldn't shake off the feeling, especially after seeing Prose everyday staring at her screen, her dark circles becoming more evident as days pass. I wondered about her parents. This would have been so sickening.

We were careful though, we did watch around and note suspicious things like the medicine cover in the dustbin, abandoned textbook, half eaten sandwich, a girl who looked suspiciously like she got out of bed and came straight away to school which somehow reminded me of myself. And none of them made sense. Slowly the idea of someone purposefully doing something like making people fall into coma made less and less sense as days passed. Millie's dad didn't have any news too.

So before we knew it, we forgot totally about the catching an inducer part. Much less, the existence of an attacker. And that was all it needed to bring chaos.

"Long time, no see" said someone as he sat opposite of my table.

"Oh hello!" I said as the popcorn guy smiled.

We were in Burger King's and I was eating an awful lot of stuff and I don't regret it one bit.

"How are you? " I asked

"I'm all good. You?"

"Pretty much the same."

"Yeah I can see that from your shirt " he chuckled.

For a moment I was confused until I realized that he was teasing me about my inside out tee episode.

"That's not a nice statement to make to a lady."

"I'm sorry madame. I didn't know you would get offended. " he replied exagerately which actually made me choke on my burger.

"Haven't heard of a lady who chokes on burgers. "

My mouth was stuffed, so it took a bit of time for me to reply.
Chew chew chew gulp.
Why did that feel like a decade.

"That's cause you haven't seen enough ladies. "

"Oh____what were we talking about? "

"Burgers and ladies " Eyeroll.