Chapter 9: Gravity

" ": You talking

' : You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

*Stand user: Weather Report.

Stand: Weather Report: -Power A

-Speed B

-Range C

-Persistence A

-Precision E

-Potential A*

"Okay, what happened this time ?"

Guard: We're not entirely sure yet... But those proximal to the area are checking right now. My guess is that nothing significant has happened...

"Hall 7B, right next to the factory... No cameras ?"

Guard: It's too large for that, and since there's no possibility for a fire or a prisoner uprising... It seems to have responded to some stimulus, but probably nothing to worry about.

"... Someone must've triggered the alarm... That could be serious..."

Pucci: No... There's no cause for worry... I trust this prison and its prisoners completely.

"Father Pucci, you followed me ?"

Pucci: It was getting a bit loud, so I became curious, and wanted to see what was going on.

Guard: Please don't worry, father. You are aware that, during these 20 years, there have been no successful prison breaks from this facility, am I correct ?

"Just because it never happened doesn't mean it will never happen... But, this is bugging me... Besides the factory, the only area accessible from there is the courtyard... Even the last of idiots wouldn't try escaping from here..."

Pucci: of course, I see... Well, until later, then.

Guard: Please leave it to us, father.

Pucci: ... ... My curiosity is firing again, but... the clock on the wall... Is it correct ?

"... the clock... ? Yes, it seems to be... It's 11:58, almost lunchtime... That was quite the strange thing to ask..."

 'The

'The... ICSF ? And a call from the women's ward... Did Jolyne try to contact them ?'

Pucci: ... I have a favor to ask of you again... This list of outgoing calls... I want to hear what they were saying... May I ask you if I can hear it now ? From the women's ward, telephone number 16... It happened about 10 minutes ago...