Chapter 2

#Dooriyan

7 years ago,

Sitting in the last seat near the window, she was looking at her crush having a good laugh with his friends. It was their break period and like every twelfth grader would do, they finished their lunch way before their actual break.

Fact.

"Stop daydreaming and confess to him," Anjali poked her friend, stopping her from fantasizing about her crush, "You'll do the same once you are in love." "Oh please, Sam, these feelings and crushes are way out of my league, so I prefer to stay away." Anjali passed a scoffed look.

"You will fall in love, soon," Samaira said, pointing at her friend.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, I am leaving for the library, do you want a book?" I nodded looking at Anjali, "Yes, 'Gone with the wind' if it is still available." Anjali gave Samaira a nod and left.

Samaira took a deep sigh facing towards the window, a small smile formed on her lips as she remembered the first time she met him, and almost broke their heads.

Samaira was heading towards the staff room to submit the chemistry project files; that she was asked to collect. Having a mountain of files in front of her face it was impossible for her to look forward and as she always carries a little bad luck with her, she bumped into someone, falling on her butt.

It was a miracle that she didn't hurt her head. Samaira was brought back to reality when she heard someone groaning in pain. "Oww, my head." And She widened her eyes realizing that she had her head saved but not the other person.

She lifted her head to see a boy holding his head in pain. His eyes squinted and his sharp jaw clenched. Standing up, she took steps towards him. She was hesitating a bit, but he was in pain.

"Hey, take my hand," she asked gently, hoping not to offend him. Hearing her his jaw loosened a bit and he opened his eyes to look at her.

Those honey-brown doe eyes became her weakness since that day. His eyes showed pure innocence but that craziness of a kid, captured her heart the very next second.

He took her hand and stood up stumbling a bit but managed himself.

"I am sorry, I didn't realize someone was in front of me. I would have avoided this but the fi—" "Ah! That's fine, I too wasn't looking" she smiled a bit and handed him the papers he was carrying. "Is your head fine, I mean it hit pretty hard, I guess?"

She asked as she squatted to collect the files before they created more mess, he dropped on his knees helping her, "I am fine, yeah it hit hard, but it was an accident so it doesn't matter. Let's have a proper introduction."

He said as he took half of the bundle. "I'll manage, you can leave." Trying her best not to embarrass herself further. "That's fine, I don't want anyone else to hit their head on the floor, it's risky."

He said with a teasing smirk, and she glared at him. "Hey! I told you, it was an accident." He chuckled a bit, "I know, I am just kidding. By the way, I am Aarush Bakshi, a transferred student who just joined today."

He said forwarding his hand for a handshake and she responded by placing her hand in his extended one.

"I am Samaira Malhotra, and welcome to Jamnabai Narsee School." "Well, that was quite a welcome. I was searching for class Tenth-A, please guide me," he said with an arched eyebrow.

"You are my classmate," she said with a bit of excitement because he will be her classmate, "I would have helped you, but I have to submit these files before the next period starts," she answered and pressed her lips in a thinned line.