Chapter 3

#Dil Mein Ho Tum

He wakes up after his alarm goes off, but today he was feeling restless and didn't stay in bed much. His mornings were quite busy, unlike today, where he doesn't have much to do.

He went outside to the balcony and rested his arms on the iron railing, taking every second of the peaceful surrounding. Sun has not risen yet and he could still see the stars twinkling in the night sky like little diamonds.

He was always busy with work and never gets time to be with himself, and that is what he always craves. Being the CEO of Bakshi and Sons, which was started by Vijay Bakshi, his dad almost fifteen years ago.

They were the major exports of precious gems and metals of the country. And soon started importing automobiles in heavy numbers. Aarush has grown his dad's business since they have appointed him as the CEO of the company.

His elder brother Rishabh is handling their business in London, from where the automobiles were imported, helping India to progress. It was Vijay's dream to make India self-sufficient and spread its values, culture, and ethics around the world.

Mukti, his younger sister, makes documentaries about the rich heritage of India, and they telecast her show on 'Discover India'. They grew up so fast and everything changed. The siblings who were together every day of the year now only meet once a year.

The sky was turning into a shade of red and the Sun was rising. He checked the time, and it was 6:30 a.m. He walked out of his room into the hall. Mrs. Dani, their butler, was already working in the kitchen.

"Good morning, ma," he said as he joined her in the kitchen and sat on the chair near the island. "Good morning, Aarush. Here is your coffee."

She gave it to him and engaged herself in the kitchen. Aarush has known this woman since his childhood, who has always treated him as his son. She was like his family, his second mother.

She knows him way better than his real mom does. "So, why are you staring at me?" she asked with humor in her tone. "Nothing, I was just thinking and it might have looked like I was staring at you,".

He said and took a sip of his coffee. "When is Mukti coming? Did she say anything to you?" Aarush enquired and got an immediate response. "I got a call from her saying that she would come tomorrow."

"I can't wait to see her. It's been six months since I have seen her face." Excitement was visible on her face. She was close to all three of them, just like a guardian. When Rishabh left for London, she cried for three days straight, worrying how he could take care of himself without her.

"There is nothing to smirk about. She is like my daughter," she said and kept 2 pancakes with chocolate syrup and a fruit bowl in front of him, a frown plastered on her face. "I wasn't smiling at you," Aarush said with a cheeky smile.

"Oh really?" "Yeah, it's just that, I remembered a few incidents in which you behaved even worse than mom." She smiled and that turned into a hearty laugh. Aarush was grateful to have her by his side and never felt the void his mother left.

"And that's because, my son, I was the first person to hold all three of you when you were born, so I have a full right." Aarush pouted but it soon turned into a sheepish smile "Okay! I know that, please don't start again." She smiled and disappeared from the kitchen. Mrs. Dani has been serving him for as long as he could imagine. She never got married and having children of her own was something she never really talked about. She has always treated all three Bakshi children as her own.

He looked at his breakfast in front of him. 'She still considers me to be a 14-year-old boy when I am 25. Still that same breakfast and same behavior' he whispered to himself and felt the warmth of a mother's love.