Chapter 13

#Kaise Batoon

Samaira sounded worried and on the verge of having a breakdown

Samaira sounded worried and on the verge of having a breakdown. Now Aarush just wanted to embrace her in a hug and never let go. Her voice was laced with worry and it was making him anxious. 'Sam, where are you?' he mumbled to himself, and someone barged into his cabin. He looked at the door and saw Samaira, but her eyes were pooled with tears.

Out of instinct, he opened her arms, and she took slow steps, soon engulfing him in a hug. She clutched his shirt and let those tears free. She didn't speak because she wanted her to feel free enough to share everything herself. She was shivering as she held everything inside for so long. As if the cloud of her emotions was at bay and it burst. She needed comfort, and he gave her that.

It was a while later when Samaira stopped crying, but her eyes were blood red. "Wait here, I am going to bring an ice pack for your eyes. They are completely swollen," he said and left. As he returned he saw her sitting on the couch with her head resting on the headrest. "Sam..." he called out softly. "Why me? Why always me?" She spoke and her voice carried pain. Aarush sat beside her as she shifted her head to his shoulder, and he wrapped his hands around her and mumbled. "What happened, Samaira?"

He asked, being extra cautious with his words. "Aarush, 7 months ago, dad got me engaged to Tarun because according to our parents, striking a deal is more important than their child's happiness. I was never their priority, only di was their favorite. They have always been partial to me. For them, I am just a liability, which they have to take care of until I am married off to someone." Taking a deep breath, she continued while he caressed her arm, providing her much-needed strength.

"They have always prioritized my sister and her happiness, her wishes for everything, but I was the one to compromise every time something happened. Aarush, I don't want to marry Tarun. We are just friends I know but he is an asshole, a bastard, a stupid idiot. I trusted him with my life and he hid everything from me. If I didn't see that, he would have hidden way longer than expected. And Tarun has given up on trying to convince our parents. I am just becoming a puppet for everyone. No one, not a single person, is ready to understand what are my feelings and what I am going through."

She was hurt by her parents, her friends, and somewhere Aarush realized he would have hurt her too. He wished he could get his hands on Tarun, he would have buried him alive if he stood in front of him. "Do you want me to talk to your parents or Tarun?" Aarush asked because he wanted her to feel free from every emotion she was feeling right now. He just wants her to smile and he will do anything to keep it. "It's of no use Aarush, they will never understand me."

"You know what Sam, let's go for drinks," she looked up at him as if he cracked a joke of the year. Well, he did because he knew she had never been drunk but she will be today and he was there to protect her. "Come, let's go," he said, patting her shoulder urging her to get up. "Why?" She asked, and he so wanted to kiss her but stopped himself. He had to. "Come on, it'll be worth it. Just forget everything for this one night and let yourself free. Sometimes letting it go is better than holding back, even it is just for a night."