Chapter 4

#Tu Jaane Na (slowed + reverb)

7 years ago,

The final school year ended, and he still couldn't believe that he was going to the USA this weekend. It was a tremendous step that he had to take for his education.

It was something like the family tradition of going to Stanford University to get our degrees. He should feel happy but somewhere in his heart knew he wasn't because he was going so far away from Samaira.

He took a deep sigh and looked at my phone which was ringing for the past five minutes but he was in no mood to pick it up. For sure, it would be Manik or Dhruv.

"Aarush, pick up your phone," Mrs. Dani tried to convince him as she entered his room. "Ma, I have no interest in going there," he closed his eyes, losing the hope of ever confessing to her he likes her.

He never found a perfect opportunity to tell her he wants her to be his girlfriend, that he wants her to be with him forever. He has met many girls, and crushes were common for him, but he wanted her to be his once he met her. Whenever she was with her guy friends, it took him not to punch those guys in their guts. It pained him seeing her so happy with her friends.

She was a confident girl and good at getting what she wanted so he knew if she had feelings for him, she would not hesitate in confessing unaware that she was just like him. But like a coward he was, he stayed quiet. "What is the matter Aarush, the boy who loves to party turned down the offer of going to his farewell party?".

Before he could say something Mukti walked inside his room, saving him from answering. "Ma, give me some time and I will convince him to go, he is stupid letting go of this outstanding day," Mukti said to Ma, knowing how sensitive Ma is for Aarush and his sudden behavior change was something she feared.

After sending Ma out, Mukti came and sat beside him and wrapped a protective hand around his shoulder, "Okay, spill the beans, brother." "Nothing," he said and turned his head to the other side, hoping that she would leave him alone but it was of no use, she knew him better.

"Is it about Sam? what happened now?" And that did the work. He then started his rants. "Damn, Mukti even after getting so many opportunities, I failed to speak up. Tell her about my feelings. Why am I so sick of this stuff."?

"Hmm, well that's something to be worried about," she smirked and he jerked her hand away. She was annoying him.

"But wait, you can tell her today. You know in English there is a proverb 'Better late than never' and this would be such an amazing day, on your farewell you will make her yours." She encouraged him and he nodded trying to make sense.

Hearing this, something clicked in his brain. It was like a bulb lighting up. How come he couldn't think about this? He had not lost her yet. Getting up from the bed with a smile.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea," he said and turned towards the wardrobe looking for something good. She once told him blue suits on him during their debate practice, and he knew what to wear.