Chapter 25

With every little light bulb and lens cover safely in my home again, Damian smashed the trunk shut on my beat up Volkswagen. He switched to drive that after he had to get more equipment, and though he said he liked it, I kind of knew he didn't. It was miles apart from his brand new Audi, and it was obvious he didn't enjoy the sounds from the engine—which by the way sounded like something was loose and flew around under the hood.

"It would be better to get a new car," he said, slapping his hands together to get rid of the excess rust and dust. "Safer."

I couldn't help my smile. Was he afraid for me? Did he care that much? We'd already somehow skipped the dating stage, after he introduced himself as my boyfriend, but I didn't think a man like him would be scared for my life. Much less because of a car.

"But I like it," I defended, looking at the mostly red back of it, "it's my first car."

"I get it," he simply said, putting his arm around my shoulders as we started walking towards the stairs. He'd been an absolute hero the whole night, helping me with everything I needed. I seriously considered paying him, but then I thought his bank account was probably bigger than the value of all my stuff combined, even if I made a decent living.

As we came up to the corridor and I fished out my keys, Damian moved his arm down to my waist, his fingers latching onto my side as if he was afraid I'd run away. I had no plans at all to run away, if anything I wanted to pull him inside with me and lock him in. That moment when he hugged me before the bride interrupted us earlier had clawed itself into my brain, making me want to hold onto him forever. Something about that moment made me so sure I'd made the right choice. So I did just that; I smiled at him as the key turned around, and I turned around, grabbing onto his t-shirt, and pulled him in with me.

I bit my lip once he'd pulled the door shut with his foot, and his darkened eyes moved down to my mouth. "If you don't stop looking at me like that, I'm gonna have to do something about it," he said, his voice so dark and husky it lit a fire deep inside my lower abdomen.

"What would you do?" I asked, looking up at him through my lashes, biting down on my lip again because it obviously worked the way I hoped it would.

He flipped us around, pushing me up against the door, and he locked it. The click vibrates through the wood, through my body, and I kept staring at his face. His hand went up to cup my cheek and his thumb ran across my lower lip to pull it free. "First," he said, leaning closer, almost letting our mouths collide, "I'd bite this lip myself." I swallowed, nodding carefully to signal I was listening, before my eyes moved like magnets up to meet his gaze. "Then I'd kiss you. I'd push you against this door, make you moan, and lift you up, so I could carry you to the kitchen table, and I'd make you scream."

My chin moved up to meet with his lips, but he moved away, a wide grin forming on his face. He raised his brows at me, silently asking me a question, as if my hips hadn't already answered it by moving towards him.

"Do you want me to?" he whispered, his thumb going across my lip again as he licked his own. It was hard to form any kind of sound in my throat, so I nodded...but he didn't do anything. He just kept our eye contact, his eyes moving rapidly between mine, until he leaned so close I felt his lips move against mine as he said, "Say it, sweetheart."

My insides were already burning up. One touch and I'd explode. My blood was boiling, and all that was present in my mind was the desire to let him do whatever he wanted to me. So I gathered all my strength and finally said, "Make me scream, Damian."

I barely got his name out before he pressed me into the wood with his lips capturing mine. It was like the building started shaking, like my body was completely on fire, and all I wanted was a release. All the wet dreams I'd had since I met him seemed like nothing in comparison to the earth-shattering demand in his lips and tongue, and the thing I'd dreamt the most of seemed much more impressive as he pressed himself closer, letting his hands run down my sides until he grabbed behind my thighs and hoisted me up. My legs wrapped around him, and he pressed me harder, capturing me in more than one way.