Bonus: Before the Wedding

Damian's POV

As happy as I was for James and Elina to tie the knot and have their happily ever after, I hated weddings. Especially those inside the Strac family. Dad had a habit of promising such great parties, so you always had to account for at least ten more people coming, despite never being invited.

The worst part was all the planning. I was the best man, which meant James wanted me present for so many unnecessary things the day before. Like now, I was staring at the black chairs in the backyard of the Davis' mansion, scrunching my nose at the golden ribbons attached to them.

I would thank whichever willing, busty girl for getting me out of there early enough the next evening thoroughly, with a lot of praise—and probably selfish moves. I knew that already, as I groaned when James appeared with the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face.

He'd been unbearable ever since Elina actually said yes to him. Hopefully I'd get some peace and quiet from all of that once they were finally married. Not to mention the long-as-fuck honeymoon they had all planned out. I couldn't wait.

I'd live like a damn king on my own for at least a month.

"The photographer is here, I'm gonna have to show her around a bit," James said, handing me some more of the golden ribbons.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he clapped my shoulder. "We agreed, no outsiders," I said through my gritted teeth. "You know how risky this is. We have no guarantee for her damn life, James."

The stupid decision to hire a photographer wasn't one that sat well with me at all. The family was weaker around the time the boss decided to step down, and lucky for my best friend and his fiancée, dad had just started to spread the word that he wanted to let me step up.

It had nothing to do with how good she probably was at her job, or how much money they spent on whatever full package they told me about—no, it was dangerous. I didn't want to have any innocent people's blood on my hands should an enemy decide to do something during the wedding.

And besides, if something did happen, Elina would cling to this girl for dear life to make sure she was okay.

"You know you can't change Elina's mind once it's made up," James countered with a slightly proud grin.

I just rolled my eyes in response and huffed as he took off to greet the photographer. I just hoped nothing would happen during the long night I had ahead of me tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I was happy as shit for James and Elina; I just didn't like all the fuss, and all the extravagant and unnecessary details.

Couldn't they just have eloped? Or gone to city hall?

Kurt and Mongrel stepped up next to me, both smiling like idiots, and I raised a brow at them. "What?" I snapped, my attitude probably completely uncalled for, but I didn't care.

"Didn't mean to interrupt, boss," Kurt said, clearing his throat, "but we've been over the whole area twice now, and we've found no sign of anything out of order."

"Yeah, there's nothing worth your concern at all," Mongrel confirmed, nodding along.

I wanted to tell them to go around the whole area again, including the neighbors and their friends, but I really had no reason to. So instead I said, "Alright. Make another round tomorrow morning. And keep an eye out for any outsiders."

"Like her?" Kurt asked, nodding towards the other end of the damn long aisle we were standing at. I groaned and turned my head, and if either of them said anything else, I didn't hear it—because I was suddenly looking at the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

She looked startled, and had a camera in her hands, so I immediately knew this was who James had hired last minute.

Fucking hell.

Her face was covered by the camera for a few seconds, and I kept begging her silently to lower it—so I could gawk some more at the gorgeous girl. Then I released a puff of air as she heard my prayers and looked straight into my eyes.

Her face was almost blank as she kept holding my stare, her light brown hair so shiny and lovely I immediately thought of tugging on a few strands to expose that glorious neck I spotted. My hands balled into fists in my pockets, the gold ribbons I was supposed to tie around the chairs hurt my palms as I did my best not to immediately walk over to her and claim her mouth with mine.

That plump, pink mouth. I imagined her lips on a very particular body part, and struggled to keep myself in check. I had no idea if Kurt and Mongrel were still next to me, and I was almost relieved when James finally found his outsider and brought her attention away from me.

I had to get the fuck away.

On the plus side, I knew who I'd spend my time trying to convince to come to my room tomorrow night. And I realized I was really happy my friends found no threats for this stupidly large event, because I wanted this wedding to go as planned. I wanted it to go on for so long.

Just so I could get that girl close and hold her through the night.

I handed the golden ribbons to one of Elina's bridesmaids and told her to get them on the chairs, which she happily did, and made my way back towards my car. I wanted nothing more than to be closer to her, but first I needed distance. She shook everything I knew out of place with one look, and—as much as I'd love to tilt her head back and taste those delicious looking lips—I had some thinking to do.

An outsider. That's what she was. And I couldn't bring someone so innocent into my life of murder and violence. Not without consequences. She could have family—siblings or parents who could be in so much unnecessary danger if I couldn't control my cock.

Yet—yet I was determined to find her again tomorrow night, and at least get it out of my system.