???

???'s pov.

this isn't the ji changmin i know... what happened to his innocent smile and energy? what's gotten into him these days? not that i really want to know anyways. as long as i can protect him, nothing matters, right? he'll always be my favourite boy no matter what.

"wake up you two," i breathed out. i can't even look at them anymore. the fear in their eyes, even if it's just a glance, i can't help but feel guilty.

i heard one of them groan loudly. with one foot still planted into the floor, i turned to face the darkness instead of the light.

"we still can't see your face?" the older one asked. i inhaled sharply. my arms crossed, i took a step backwards. i could feel a pair of eyes watching my every move.

"listen, i—" my words hesitated. "...it was never supposed to be like this."

the chains rattled. "what do you mean?"

i sighed. i took another step back before sitting down, still not facing them. "i was dragged into a mess i never thought i would be a part of. if i snitch, it's over for the three of us you know?"

"but... what's your relationship with him?"

"...." looking up at the ceiling, i thought for a while. "you could say it's doing fine. nothing more than that though."

the chains rattled again. "oh."

"..wake up eric for me please."

"be sure to cover your ears!"

i hummed. overtime, i befriended the two... how can i put it... prisoners. i could say we're good acquaintances now. if it wasn't for this incident, i think we would be great friends. bonding over such an inappropriate topic feels weird..

"OKAY OKAY I'M AWAKE!"

there was a moment of loud banging, and then silence. i could hear footsteps coming from upstairs. "you're lucky you woke up just now—"

the door suddenly burst open. right in front of me was the one and only ji changmin. he stared at me for a moment. my hands started to sweat and my lip quivered.

"what's going on here?"

i swiftly stood up and placed my hands behind my back. "n-nothing.. just waking them up."

"...okay.. make sure you wake them up earlier. you all know the consequences."

i nodded my head slightly and walked towards the corner of the room. there, a black and white mask lay face down on a small end table. letting out a breath, i lifted the mask to my face. here we go again..