Chapter 8 - Bullies

Sometimes, I like to read Nico's manga. Because, unlike him, I can read the words. I was sitting on top of the bunk bed reading, when I heard my brothers laughing over at the door.

Jinx: "What are they doing...?"

I heard Seitarou's voice from out in the hall.

Seitarou: "Numbers 15, 25, 11 and 69! Please behave yourselves."

The boys started throwing stuff through the bars at him, laughing.

Jyugo: "It's Number 15 SIR to you!"

Rock: "Piss off, pretty boy!"

Uno: "Go die, pretty boy! Nobody likes you!"

Seitarou ran away, crying.

Nico: "Inmates one! Guards Zero!"

They fell over laughing. I sigh, climb down off the bunk and stand in front of them with my hands on my hips.

Jinx: "You guys are such bullies!"

Rock: "It's so funny though!"

Uno: "Did you see his face?! Haha!"

Jinx: "Seitarou's more sensitive than Hajime and Yamato."

Jyugo: "That's why it's so easy."

Jinx: "Can't you guys be a little nicer to him? He treats us alright."

They calmed down and sat up to face me. A mischievous smile crosses Uno's face and he stood up.

Uno: "I have a better idea..."

I took a step back, not changing my stern expression. He pulled something out from behind his back and holds it up out of my reach. My eyes widen and I started to drool.

Jinx: "Sharp... knife... must have... must kill..."

Nico: "Code red!! Where did you get that?!"

Uno: "I made it."

I jumped and clawed for the knife, but Uno kept it out of my reach.

Uno: "But relax. It's just cardboard. It can't hurt anyone. Watch..."

He dropped the cardboard knife. Not being able to control myself, I caught it and jammed it into his stomach. No effect.

Uno: "See, nothing."

Rock: "But still, why would you make that then show it to her?"

Uno: "Think about it. What would Seitarou's reaction be if he saw our little miss stab happy here?"

Uno took the fake knife off me and put it out of my sight. I soon calmed down.

Jinx: "Wh-what happened?"

The Boys: "Nothing..."

The Next Day...

Jinx: "What are you guys doing?"

The four of them hadn't stopped giggling all morning.

Jyugo: "Hey Jinx, can you do us a favour?"

Jinx: "We'll see... What is it?"

Nico: "Can you ask Seitarou if we can have popcorn for anime night?"

Jinx: "Firstly, you watch anime every day, Nico. Secondly, what's popcorn? And thirdly, why am I doing this?"

Rock: "Well popcorn is a snack that you typically have while watching movies."

Jyugo: "And Seitarou likes you more."

Jinx: "Gee, I wonder why... I'm not the one who goes out of their way to scare the crap out of him every morning."

The Boys: "Pleeeeaaaase!!"

I rolled my eyes.

Jinx: "Fine... But I can't reach the bars."

Rock kneeled down in front of the door.

Rock: "Here, stand on my shoulders."

Uno helped me onto his shoulders and Rock held my sides so I wouldn't fall. I waited for him to pass.

Jinx: "Hey, Seitarou."

Seitarou: "AH-! Oh it's you, number 33. What is it?"

Jinx: "Can we have popcorn? It's for a movie night."

Seitarou: "A quiet movie night in? I guess that would be okay... I'll go talk to Shiro when I'm done my rounds."

Suddenly, Uno put the cardboard knife in front of my face, and I lost control. My eyes widened and I started to drool.

Uno: "Get him, Jinx! Hold on to her, Rock."

Jinx: "Sharp... knife... must have... must kill..."

Nico: "Code red!! Haha!"

I grabbed the fake knife and rammed into the bars, grinning with wild eyes.

Jinx: "Seitarou..."

He ran away screaming and crying.

Seitarou: "AAAAHHHHH!!!! SUPERVISOR!! HELP!!"

Uno quickly took the carboard knife from me, before they dropped to the floor, clutching their stomachs and howling with laughter.

Later that day...

WACK WACK WACK WACK!

The Boys: "Okay! We're sorry!"

Jinx: "Don't apologise to me! You need to apologise to poor Seitarou!"

Jyugo: "How did we end up getting beaten and told off by a seven year old-? OW!"