Chapter 25 - Enjoy a Meal

I slept in Jyugo's arms that night. In the early hours of the morning, when it was still dark out, I woke up and heard Rock grunting in his sleep. I whispered.

Jinx: "Jyugo, wake up. I think Rock's having a nightmare."

Jyugo: "Why do you say that?"

We sat up. Jyugo wrapped the blanket around me.

Jinx: "Look."

Jyugo: "I see..."

He was sweating and tossing and turning before he woke up startled. He sat up.

Rock: "Jinx? Jyugo?"

Jyugo: "Are you okay?"

He smiled.

Rock: "You bet I am. After all, I'm gonna be getting my prize today."

At lunchtime in the cafeteria...

Jinx: "I wish Nico could've come too."

Uno: "Don't worry. We'll bring him something he can have after his examination."

I smiled.

Jinx: "Kay!"

Rock was sitting across from me, almost losing it with excitement. Soon, Shiro brought us all a couple round things on a plate. They had melted yellow stuff on them, along with some meat and vegetables. All our faces lit up.

Jinx: "What is that...?"

Rock: "This, my sweet little sister, is called a stone oven baked pizza."

He takes a slice and gives it to me before taking one for himself. The first bite alone made me feel all warm inside.

Jinx: "So yummy..."

Rock: "You can say that again... Hey, they're here. Yo, Liang, over here!"

Jinx: "Isn't that the guy Rock beat the snot out of at the tournament?"

Jyugo: "Yeah... Why is he here?"

Rock: "I invited him."

Liang and Inori came and sat at our table. Rock smiled but Liang did not look happy.

Rock: "Hi!"

Liang: "What do you want?"

He held out a slice for him.

Rock: "Give it a taste."

Liang: "If you brought me here to eat pizza, the chef in building 5 makes that too."

Rock: "And I'm sure he does what he can. But without a stone oven, it doesn't compare."

Liang: "Stone oven..."

He growled.

Jyugo: "That was the prize Rock wanted for winning the new year's tournament."

Liang: "Yeah... I remember..."

Uno: "It took em a hot minute, but they finally finished installing it."

Liang: "Is that so?"

Rock: "This was cut from the very first pizza that came out of that oven. You're looking at a slice of history, man."

Shiro came and towered behind him.

Rock: "Shiro was really excited to make it. See, look how happy he is."