Chapter 23 - Hide & Evade

That night, my brothers warned me of something that happens every once in a while. They instructed me on what to do and filled me in on their back up plan. The next morning...

Samon: "GET UP, YOU LAZY PUNKS!!"

Seitarou: "Supervisor Gokuu, please calm down-"

Samon: "IT'S AN HOUR PAST WAKE UP CALL! AND IF I HAVE TO BE UP, THEN SO DO THEY!"

Jinx, Uno, Nico & Rock: "Oh no! He's almost here!!"

We ran and hid as fast as we can. I jumped behind the extra futons against the back wall. With a few seconds to spare, Yamato came into our cell, knocking Samon and Seitarou over.

Yamato: "Knock knock, everyone!! Who's ready for some morning training?! Hold on, they aren't home. Oh well, till next-"

Samon: "Come on, Yamato. Use your head."

He opened the locker Rock was hiding in.

Samon: "Inmates out of their cell in Nanba prison?"

He lifted up the floor Nico was hiding under, before banging his staff down, making Uno fall from the ceiling.

Uno: "Ouch..."

Samon: "That's completely impossible."

He then walked over to the futons, reached behind them, and picked me up by the scruff of my shirt.

Jinx: "Put me down, you stupid monkey!"

Yamato: "Oh, hey, guys!"

Seitarou: "Well said, Supervisor Gokuu."

Yamato: "I see that you've already been stretching. Let's move on to the training course, shall we?!"

Uno: "Please don't make us. I'm begging you! I get so sore the day after!"

Rock: "Exercise is meant to be leisurely!"

Nico hid under a blanket, and I hid behind Uno.

Samon: "They're just a sorry bunch of weaklings..."

Tsukumo: "Agreed."

Samon: "Wait, who the hell are you?"

Tsukumo: "My designated number is 99. But my name is Tsukumo."

Yamato: "Number 99 here has a passion for physical self-improvement. So he's always with me at this time of day."

Tsukumo: "Yes, a ninja's training must be constant."

Yamato: "Now that's the Japanese spirit. And the Japanese spirit will never perish!"

Tsukumo: "We shall train until the sun is set."

Uno: "I'm exhausted already..."

Rock: "We haven't even had breakfast yet..."

I whispered.

Jinx: "Plan B...?"

They nodded.

Tsukumo: "By the way, have you heard anything about Jyugo's condition?"

Uno: "I'm afraid we have... apparently, he came down with a terrible case of idiopathic raw oyster tremor cell syndrome."

Tsukumo: "That sounds quite serious."

Nico: "The doctors tried everything they could think of."