Chapter 1

Light comes from many different places. Each person decides their source. From the simplicity of sunlight to the light that resorts from another force or being.

The day that she met him, she could feel the golden threads of light forming, touching her -oh so softly. It was like a breeze kissing her skin, caressing her and reaching every hidden part of her soul. Those demolishing golden threads that she hated to admit she had.

He always thought that he'd find someone to be the sun to his dark-painted sky. He desired the sun to accompany him. The opposite of what ungodly creation he was. Thinking that while he spread the darkness, his person would spread light.

When he finally met her, he realised that she was neither the sun nor a mere sunshine. She was the stars, the stars that brought light only to the sky. To everyone else stars were a mere reminder of the endless universe, but to the night sky, they were everything.

On one hand, the strikingly beautiful woman didn't have a lot of acquaintances, she preferred silence and isolation. Therefore it didn't bother her, that anyone she met didn't want to deal with her poisonous tongue and dangerous lifestyle. She led a hazardous life, she had a lot of enemies and not a lot of friends, which would have made her the easiest of targets had she not concealed every aspect of her life, including her appearance.

On the other hand, he was one of those men that had everyone to their knees. Everyone either bowed down to him due to respect or to beg for mercy. A mercy he never granted. He could have any woman he desired, his looks could even enchant a goddess. He was cruel, merciless and ruthless. His cold exterior only quivered, around his family. The only thing he seemed to care about in this world.

They both lived to kill and killed to live. They were two separated souls, looking for each other through chaos. He was a man of mayhem and she was a lady of death. They found peace in each other's violence, two different shattered souls that came together as one. A combination that noone would ever expect. The dark sky decorated with the burning stars.