Chapter 6

Sylvia and Lucio were standing outside the huge doors of the mansion, getting ready to enter.

She was wearing a long red gown, a slit on the side revealing her leg and dagger that was strapped to it. On her side, arm in arm with Lucio. His hair was pulled back in perfection, he was wearing a black shirt. The sleeves of the shirt were pulled up, his mascular tattooed arms revealed.

"I expected you to wear black. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, you look ravishing. " He whispered into her ear, as he led her through the big doors.

All eyes were on them. Both their heads were held high, their walk firm and full of power. Neither of them stopped walking until they reached the bar at the end of the ballroom.

Sylvia noticed that she wasn't getting the dirty looks she usually got. People were looking at them rather astonished than anything else. Murmurs and whispers erupted, murmurs and whispers dedicated to the couple that oozed of power and confidence.

"Theodore is standing by the entrance." She remarked.

"I can feel his anger. I bet he'd love for you to be next to him." He sharply said. Sylvia noticed a slight anger at Lucio's words as well.

"Care for a dance?" He asked again extending his hand. She placed her hand into his. They went to the middle of the dancefloor. His arm snaked around her waist, as she placed her own on top of his shoulder.

They both started swaying to the music, Lucio never taking his eyes off her own. Their steps were going back and forth, Lucio was leading the dance. Sylvia never expected him to be such a good dancer. They moved in sync to the melody, every other sound except their hearts was muted out of their heads. Lucio picked her up, twirling her around. They kept waltzing through the grand sound. Sylvia spinned around herself again and again.

When the music was coming to an end, Lucio grabbed her revealed thigh, placing it on his hip. He leaned forward, as Sylvia arched her back, his lips gracing her outstretched neck. The music stopped, a silence covering the whole room.

Lucio let go of Sylvia's thigh, as she got back onto her feet. He placed a sweet kiss on top of hand, never breaking the eye contact. They walked back to their previous seats not saying a word to each other, as music blasted once again.

"I didn't expect the Italian Don to be such an exquisite dancer." She quietly said, breaking the over-bearing silence between them. He looked at her, placing a small strand of her hair behind her ear.

"My vicious enchantress, there are many things you've yet to find out about me." His voice was hoarse and low.

How she adored to hear his voice. The words that came out of his mouth, most of the time made her want to kneel before him. He made her legs shake, he made her want to submit to him. She'd met a number of men in her life, yet nobody had that effect on her. She hated it, she hated this feeling, moreover she hated how she couldn't despise him, couldn't see him than nothing more but an ally, a help to her purpose.

"Is it me you're thinking about darling? Are you thinking about how I invade your intricate mind?" His face was so close that she could feel his minty breath on her lips. She needed to get a grip of herself. She sat up straighter, taking in a sharp breath.

"Neither your amiable use of words nor your bearable looks have any effect me." She replied, making Lucio chuckle. He started caressing her cheek with his thumb, taking all her willpower to not lean into his touch.

"Pensavo che tu non avessi mai mentito amore mio. (I thought you never lied my love.) " At that moment she didn't know if she wanted to punch herself for feeling this way or punch Lucio for being able to read her.

"Sylvia! Lucio! Such a pleasure the two of you could make it. " Theodore's loathsome voice interrupted them. Sylvia observed Lucio's face as it morphed into a look of pure rage.

"Mr. D'Angelo and Miss Amaretti. We are not your friends or you associates." Lucio's tone was aggressive.

"My apologies Mr. D'Angelo I never had the intention of disrespecting yourself or your date." Theodore was wearing an incredibly fake smile onto his face. Furthermore his polite facade was getting on Sylvia's nerves.

"I think I caught sight of the beautiful Liliana, how come she isn't with you?" Sylvia immediately looked around the room when she heard the words. Her eyes landed on Liliana who looked absolutely beautiful. Her red hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail, while her sparkling black dress clung onto her like a second skin. She was talking with a big group of men, who looked at her like the goddess that she was.

"We came here as a couple and Lili decided to socialize rather than sit here with us. " Lucio was smirking knowing what effect the word couple would have on the man that stood in front of them.

"Is that right? I didn't know Sylvia was into brutes. " Hearing her name snapped her attention back to the two men.

"Mr. Devlian I believe that my choices are none of your concern. Plus were you to ever insult my partner again I'll skin you alive." Her voice was calm and collected.

The threat she'd added at the end was frivolous, nonetheless it gave her pleasure, threatening the man she detested. Other than that her threat had placed a devilish smirk on Lucio's face. She didn't know why exactly she placed the threat other than the fact that it made her feel wonderful and powerful.