Chapter 20

His hands were gripping the bathroom sink, his head hang low; water dripping from his hair. A sob errupted from his mouth, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the marble harder. Sweat formed on his forehead. Silent tears escaped his eyes, rolling down his cheeks.

"Why is it that you're wasting your tears my oh- so handsome demon?"

His head shot up, turning around. She was there, she was behind him, looking beautiful. However, she was paler almost transparent. She looked like a spirit coming for a visit.

"You're not real, you're not here." He chanted time and again, pulling his hair.

"I'm not real anymore because of you. You're the reason that I'm dead. You were supposed to protect me! What kind of man are you?" The form yelled, running towards him but disappearing. He screamed, kneeling to the floor.

"I'm sorry my love. I'm so, so sorry. God please give her back to me. I'll do anything, anything, I'll do anything. Just please give her back." He pleaded, not trying to quiet down his cries.

The bathroom's door got broken down. A worried Liliana entering, holding her gun. Her heart got shredded to a million pieces with the scene before her. She kneeled in front of him, wrapping her arms around him.

"I always thought she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. My girl, my darling, my starts, my soul's thief is gone." She bit her lip, trying to control her own tears, as she held him.

"We'll avenge her, Luc." She mumbled, stroking his hair softly.

"But we can't do that if we don't have our leader. We need you. She needs you. She needs you to repay the favor." Lucio looked up at Liliana.

"We're going to make it right." She spoke again, giving a kernel of courage to stand up.

Liliana left the room, letting him get dressed. He looked around the room that now felt empty without her, without her smile that brought light to his dark heart. He walked to his office, calling his inner circle members.

"Take a seat." He plainly said. Liliana sat down, Giovanni standing above her, a hand on her shoulder and Antonio sat next to her.

"Retaliation is in order." He pulled out a small map from one of his drawers, three locations circled in bright red ink.

"Antonio you'll take ten of our men, to this bar, you guys we'll get inside blend in. Liliana you'll get fifteen of our men, to this brothel. Giovanni you and I will take another group of fifteen and we'll go to Theodore's house."

"What do you want us to do?" Antonio asked.

"Blow them up, burn them to ashes." Liliana and Antonio nodded, walking out the room.

"Giovanni you stay." He ordered, stopping the man in his tracks.

"I want us to send a message. On our group I want our best shooters. We're shooting up his house first."

"I'll get them together boss. " Giovanni merely replied before leaving as well. Lucio stood up and found himself walking to Sylvia's old room.

He sat at her bed, looking around. He noticed one of the painting a little out of place. He moved the painting a gun falling.

"Why am I even surprised?" He asked himself, a small smile on his face. He took out his own gun from his holster, placing Sylvia's instead.

He looked at his watch, noticing it's time to go. Seven cars were waiting for him, fully armed men in all of them. He got into the one Giovanni was in. The drive to Theodore's mansion was quite. When they reached their destination they parked across the street.

With guns blazing, pointing at the mansion, they were waiting for Lucio's order.

"Make that filthy house look like a strainer."

The sound of bullets reaping the air and the smell of gunpowder were heavy in the atmosphere. Lucio sat back, smoking a cigarette, watching his men kill every guard on the yard. Once they were out of ammunition and smoke had blocked the sight of the house they stopped. Lucio threw his cigarette with a flick towards the house.

In a moment they were all back to their cars, driving back to the warehouse. Lucio waited for every single one of the groups to come up. Once they were all there, he stood up at a small podium.

"I'm sure all of you are wondering why we suddenly attacked three of Theodore Devlian's locations." His voice boomed through the warehouse, all of his men staring at him. Liliana gave him a court nod, ushering him to continue.

"Theodore Devlian has taken someone I couldn't leave without. He sent me back her ring and..." He took a deep breath. "And her heart." Shocked gasps were heard and mumbling.

"Silence." He yelled, making the whispers quiet down.

"This is only the beginning, we're erasing Theodore Devlian and his crew off the map." Some of his men started clapping and cheering. The inner circle looked at each other, they were getting her justice.