Chapter 3

Sylvia watched the dark sky from the roof of her building. This was her thinking place, right underneath that work of art sky. The stars were like splatters of paint whereas the moon burned brighter than the sun. -to her eyes at least.

Files were covering all the space around her. Like most people, she took the occupation of a paid killer with an end goal. She needed to bring down the man that had made her life a living hell. The man that gave the order for her soul to be crushed into a million pieces.

5 years ago

The young girl woke up to the sound of screaming and begging. Her room was in the attic due to her love of watching the sky from as high above as she could. She quietly opened the door, holding a razor blade -the only thing she had in her room that could be used as a weapon.

She walked to her parents room, opening the door. A loud scream escaped her lips. Three bloodied bodies, three bodies she knew all too well. Her parents and her little brother on the floor bleeding. She rushed towards them, kneeling to the floor.

"Honey." Her mother's breathless voice was heard. She rushed to her side, her tears dropping onto her mother's face.

"Baby, listen, I need you to help me, I need you to stop my suffering. Sweetheart take away all of our suffering, you need to release us. I beg you ,honey, please take all of our pain away, let us be peaceful all at once. "

Sylvia snapped out of the horrific memory as she wiped a sole tear that run down her face. She took a deep breath, she needed revenge, however she knew that taking down someone powerful she needed an ally. Until this moment she never needed assistance, the deal was simple, she got paid to eliminate people. With her money she bought weapons and most importantly information.

She rose to her feet, a plan forming perfectly on her head. She walked back to her apartment, wearing a pair of jeans and a plain shirt. Making her way down the stairs, she found her parked car. The only thing she'd spend a huge amount of money on, neither her apartment nor her lifestyle required a lot of money. But this car, this car was her dream which had come true. It was a black Audi, a sport's car, feeding her obsession with danger and speed.

Not long after she started driving she was at her desired destination. She grabbed her gun from the glove compartment -just in case- and walked to the club's door. The bouncer raised an eyebrow, scanning her outfit. She took off her shirt, a bralette being revealed, that could be worn like a shirt. He nodded and gestured for her to walk in. Upon noticing the warmth inside the club she just threw her shirt at the floor. She glanced around till she found the V.I.P section.

What impressed her was that there were no guards at the door. She pushed it open, a smirk on her face as all her heads turned her way. She now had her gun at her hand, ready for any battle thrown her way.

"When I said till next time I didn't expect you to come find me. " Lucio's voice found her ears, or more like sang to her ears. To her, his voice was a song whose melody she was yet to figure out. It had been a week since the eventful gala, she didn't expect to see neither him nor Giovanni anytime soon, but she needed help and he was her best choice.

She knew who he and Giovanni were before they introduced themselves. In this line of work you had to know everything you could about powerful people. The Italian Mafia were the first anyone should be informed on. The Italian Don as well as his inner circle were notorious. Not only for their ruthlessness but also for their always perfectly executed plans.

"Who the fuck are you? " A female voice basically yelled. Sylvia's eyes darted to a woman that had now appeared holding a cocktail in her hand. Her hair was a bright red colour, working in harmony with her icey blue eyes. Liliana Andriado. Sylvia immediately thought. She was a powerful member of the mafia's circle.

"Giuro su Dio che se è una spogliarellista che avete chiamato, vi ucciderò tutti nel sonno. (I swear to God if she's some stripper you guys called, I'll murder you all in your sleep. ) " She threatened, looking at every single man around the room. Except from Giovanni and Lucio, there was another man. Sylvia took him  in, trying to match his face to the description she knew. The blonde man must have been Antonio Rivera.

"I want your help Lucio. " Sylvia admitted, completely ignoring everyone else in the room. Lucio smirked for two reasons. First of all, his name sounded like magic coming from her mouth and secondly the woman who had enchanted him just from a short encounter was in his club asking for his help.

"I wasn't worthy of your name, why are you worthy of my help? " He asked. The room was silent, the other members were observing the two.

"I'm certain after our little encounter at the gala, you figured out who I am." She spoke back, taking a step closer to the couch he was sitting at. "Mr. D'Angelo. " She added, not taking her eyes from his own. A deep chuckle, erupted from his mouth. The sexiest thing Sylvia had ever heard. He stood up as well, his hands into his pockets.

"What am I assist you with, darling?"