Chapter 17

"Why are we doing this Sylvia? I have people that can do it for us." Lucio complained, pushing the cart of the supermarket.

"Lucio we need to act like a normal couple once in a while." She replied picking out some vegetables.

"Now stop complaining and give the bags I brought from home."

"Why don't you just use the ones they have here?" He asked, giving her the bags nonetheless.

"Because we're all going to die due to climate change if we keep using that much plastic idiot."

"I'm not enjoying this." He groaned, pushing the cart.

"Stop being a fucking child. Go to the register, I'll go get some ice cream and then we can leave." Lucio flashed a smile, making her roll her eyes.

Sylvia found her herself in the frozen aisle, trying to pick an ice cream flavor. From the corner of her eyes she saw a young woman enter the aisle, she looked rather uncomfortable and scared. A man walked in right behind her, staring at the young woman. Sylvia walked to the woman's side, making it seem like she was searching for something.

"Are you okay? You look uncomfortable." She whispered, the young woman looking at her. She couldn't be that old she looked more like a teenager than an adult.

"Is that man bothering you? You can tell me sweetheart." Sylvia spoke again, noticing how the girl didn't answer.

"He has been following me from the parking lot." The girl answered.

"I'll take care of it okay? You make sure to get home safe, if anyone bothers you on the way out, call this number." Sylvia said, taking out a piece of paper and a pen from her bag and writing her phone number. The girl hesitantly nodded and Sylvia walked towards the creep.

"Hello I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind helping me get my bags in my car? You just look strong and I can't carry them by myself." She batted her eyelashes, not looking him in the eye.

"Sure thing babe." He replied. She started walking out the store, noticing Lucio's stare on the way out. He gave her a subtle nod, indicating that he'd meet her outside.

Once they were out of the store, whistles were heard. A group of guys were looking at her walking with the disgusting male.

"Let us join at least Marvin." One of them yelled. Of course they would be his friends, they were all nasty little creatures and Sylvia hoped they would join.

They finally reached her car, the guy had a confused look on his face when he saw no shopping bags. Before he could utter a word, Sylvia had landed a punch on his face. She pulled the small knife that was holding her hair in a bun, a smile on her face. She vigorously punched the man, until he was laying on the floor, his nose bleeding.

"You like creeping on women big boy? Do you like making them feel uncomfortable?" She viciously asked, landing kicks on his stomach. She heard footsteps, good his friends were here.

Two of them came at her at the same time. She bashed their heads together, making them fall to the ground. Lucio was standing in the exit of the store, leaning against the cart, a cigarette in his hand. A cashier came rushing out, having heard the noise.

"Isn't that your girlfriend? Go stop her she's going to kill them. " The cashier yelled out, seeing Sylvia laying punches and kicks on the fallen men.

"If I stop her, she'll chop my balls off." Lucio merely answered.

"Word of advice my friend; never interrupt a woman when she's beating up scumbags, they surely deserve it." Lucio spoke, patting the cashier's back and walking to Sylvia.

"Are you done my love? I'm hungry."

"Solo un momento tesoro. (Just a moment honey.) " She lifted up, the first guy's shirt, carving the word CREEP with her small knife.

She smiled, as Lucio and her loaded the car, ignoring the unconscious men. They drove back home in silence. Lucio didn't question her actions, knowing that she was on the right for sure. They headed straight for the kitchen when they arrived home, leaving their groceries on the counter since they were going to use them.

"I'll cut up the potatoes, you can season the stake." She ordered.

"Your word is my command." He replied. Both of them got to work, Sylvia cut up veggies, while Lucio prepared the pan they were going to cook the food in.

After some time they placed the food into the oven. Sylvia poured two glasses of wine, handing one to Lucio.

"Cheers to a normal date night." Lucio said, Sylvia smiled clicking her glass with his.

"I got you something the other day Syl."

"But why?"

"Why not?"

"I asked first." He shook his head, pulling a small velvet box from his pocket. She opened it and gasped. There was a beautiful ring with a small emerald gem.

"If you're proposing, you have to get on one knee, Lucio." She joked.

"I'm not proposing darling, it's a promise ring. When I propose to you it's going to be more grand." He replied taking the ring from the small box.

"A promise ring?" She questioned.

"Yes my love, a promise ring. "

"Well what's the promise?" She asked again a little confused.

"I promise to be by your side Sylvia no matter what happens. I promise that you'll always have control over my heart and lastly I promise that when both of us are ready, I'm going to marry you." She was too shocked to answer, as he placed the ring on her ring finger.

"We said a normal date night and you took it to another level." She whispered.

"I'm not normal Syl, especially when it comes to you." She smiled at his comment, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and bringing him in for a kiss. It was a sweet and gentle kiss, she was pouring her emotions.