Chapter 5

The next morning, her sleep was rudely interrupted by yelling. She groaned, opening her eyes and standing up. She didn't bother changing as she left her room, following the loud voices.

"Ammetti solo che l'hai preso e scusa stronzo. (Just admit you took it and apologize asshole.) " Liliana's voice boomed in the whole mansion. Sylvia found herself in the kitchen. Lucio was sipping his cup of coffee completely ignoring the scene. Antonio was silently reading a book near the window, whereas Liliana and Giovanni were stood up, both their faced red.

"Why would I take your moldy dagger?" Giovanni scremed back at Liliana.

"Good morning Sylvia. " Lucio's velvety voice found her ears. Everyone turned around looking at her. Liliana let out a big laugh, noticing her distressed appearance.

"I'm sure I look like I'm fresh off the runway. " Sylvia answered with a small smile.

"Big bad Sylvia Amaretti isn't a morning person and she can smile. Who would have thought?" Liliana exclaimed. Sylvia playfully rolled her eyes taking a seat at the table.

"There's another ball organized today by the one and only Theodore Devlian. Thanks to our wonderful spies we know it's taking place in his own home. It's the perfect opportunity to map out his house, to find out how many guards he has etc. " Lucio spoke. He didn't waste anytime getting that information on their target. It amazed Sylvia how Theodore Devlian organized a ball so shortly after the last one.

"Giovanni inform our men to be on guard. They'll be waiting outside in case anything happens. Liliana and Antonio you know what to do. Giovanni you'll not be attending I need you to be outside with our men. " His orders were clear as everyone nodded.

"You and I? What are we doing? " Sylvia asked, a little confused he left the two of them out of the brief.

"You and I are going there as a couple darling. " He answered with a smirk. Sylvia's mouth dropped open, there was absolutely no point in them going as a couple, he just planned it this way to spite her.

"Why go as a couple? We'll cover more ground if we go separately Lucio." She said through gritted teeth. He shrugged his shoulders and winked at her. She was gripping the table to the point where her knuckles had turned white. Silence had fallen, which Liliana decided to break.

"Is there a theme to this ball we're supposed to follow?"

"Red and black. " Lucio answered standing up, sipping the last of his coffee.

"Looking forward to seeing you in black." He said to Sylvia, making Giovanni choke on his coffee. He took another step his lips slightly brushing over Sylvia's ear, making goosebumps appear onto her skin.

"By the way, you should say my name more often. It sounds great coming from your lips. " He whispered into her ear before leaving the room. She rolled her eyes, cursing herself for liking their close proximity.

"I need to go shopping. " Liliana complained, choosing to ignore what happened. As soon as the words left her mouth, Sylvia noticed both Giovanni and Antonio running outside the room.

"Fucking bastards. " She whispered to herself, her eyes landing on Sylvia.

"I'll go with you. I need to buy something as well." Sylvia stated. Liliana nodded and the two women left the kitchen. Sylvia got dressed and found Liliana waiting for her in the living room. They drove to the nearest mall and as always a gun was hidden under Sylvia's shirt. This time she didn't feel weird carrying a weapon, especially because her companion had strapped her own preferred weapons to her body.

They made their way inside, going into a fancy boutique. Dresses hang from every rack. Sylvia was completely uninterested since she already had a rather large amount of such dresses back at the mansion. Liliana picked up dress after dress, trying it on in the dressing room. Sylvia sat on the couch right outside Liliana's dressing room, telling her which dresses she liked.

Sylvia heard a click, snapping her attention towards the entrance of the store, but no one was there. Liliana came out wearing yet another dress. Click. This time from the corner of her eye she caught a flash. She looked at Liliana who was already looking at her. Liliana nodded showing her that she also saw it.

Sylvia stood up, acting like any normal client would and walked to the store's entrance. She saw a man holding a camera talking pictures, taking pictures of her. She grabbed her gun and started running. When the man saw her, he started running as well. She chased him all around the mall, until she lost him in one of the intricate hallways. People were staring as she loudly cursed.

"What the fuck are you people looking at? " She heard Liliana yelling. Everyone quickly looked away.

"He got away, the asshole got away. He shouldn't have gotten away. How did I let him get away?" Sylvia was mumbling, she wasn't used to anyone getting away from her. She was supposed to be the best, she had to be the best. Liliana raised her hand and slapped Sylvia across the face.

"Get your shit together. We'll get him, but right now you need to calm your tits. We'll go back home and figure it out." Liliana said pointing her finger at her. Sylvia took a deep breath, she didn't do well with any type of failure. She smiled at Liliana who mirrored her smile, as the two started walking back to the car.

"If you ever slap me again, I'll slit your throat in your sleep. "