Chapter 31

"Marry me." Lucio said breathlessly, pulling out of the kiss.

"Are you really going to propose now? There's an unconscious idiot at our feet, fire is everywhere and we need to be on our merry little way in about. Now." She responded laughing.

"Would you rather me putting a wedding ring in your cake? You'd swallow that shit and never know it was there in the first place." She placed her index finger over her mouth.

"Mmm you're right. But tell me why should I marry you Mr. D'Angelo?" She questioned, as another boom was heard.

"Because you're my other half, I love you with every single bone in my body. If you wanted everyone on this earth gone Syl, I'd strangle each and every one with my own two hands. You are my soul's mistress, the cause of my existence and demise. Saying you are my world would be an understatement." A tear of happiness rolled down her eye.

"My poisonous lover, I'd be a fool not to marry you." She smiled brightly, kissing him again.

"Let's go home darling." He calmly said, taking her hand. They dragged the body to their car. It was the only one left, the rest had left.

They drove to the warehouse first, dropping off Theodore. A doctor would go there to fix him up and when he was awake and well they'd torture him to death. Lucio's hand was on Sylvia's thigh as they drove.

"What is it my love?" Lucio asked, as he parked into the mansion's parking lot.

"Do you think Theodore was right? Did I have a miscarriage because of him? Is that why the doctor hasn't called back after a week and a half?" Sylvia asked, looking outside the window, but not making a move to get out of the car.

"I-I...No Sylvia I don't think he was right. I think that he was just trying to make us both feel awful. I'll give you the doctor's number how about you call her about the delay?"  Sylvia always knew when Lucio was lying and that moment she could tell that he was lying, lying to protect them both. He got out of the car, opening her door and picking her up bridal style.

"Lucio you are supposed to carry me like that through the door after we're married. " She complained, hitting his arm softly.

"In my head we already are." He chuckled, letting her down.

"Where the hell have the two of you been?" Liliana's furious voice was heard, when she appeared in front of them.

"We got out a little late, thanks for waiting." Sylvia replied.

"We thought you two would be having sex somewhere since you have no chill." Giovanni said, coming in as well.

"Not something to be proud of." Sylvia sharply whispered at Lucio who was smirking.

"Sylvia and I have something important to tell you guys." Lucio began, a serious tone in his voice. "Please call Antonio here as well. " He continued, all of them except Sylvia looking worried.

"Toni if you don't get your ass here I'll burn all your books." Liliana yelled and Antonio came in running.

"Liliana I'm going to painfully murder you one day." Antonio threatened.

"You looking for an enemies to lovers or something?" She asked, cocking an eyerbow.

"Will you tell us what happened?" Giovanni asked, clearing his throat. Sylvia took a deep breath before opening her mouth to speak.

"Ci sposiamo puttane. (We're getting married bitches.) " She yelled out happily, making all three of the other people let out a breath.

"Don't scare me like that idiot. " Liliana hugged her tightly, kissing her

"Congratulations, guys." Antonio smiled, hugging them both.

"I feel like my dad is finally marrying my step mom." Giovanni stated.

"Oh my gosh yes, that's what it feels like." Liliana said, raising her hands in the air.

"Yeah it's weird. " Antonio added.

"Mommy Sylvia sounds hot." Liliana said.

"I'd call her mommy. " Giovanni said.

"For sure." Sylvia's couldn't hold her laughter in, whereas Lucio rolled his eyes.

"Now that we've established how hot my fiancee is, let's go to a club we need to celebrate." Lucio said, as the others cheered.

"We're leaving at 11 when all of you have rested, if you're late you stay behind." They all nodded, everyone going into their rooms.

Sylvia and Lucio showered and got into bed. Sylvia was as close to him as possible, snuggling into his chest. She tried to sleep, but to no avail. She saw Lucio fast asleep. She grabbed his phone, unlocking it and finding the doctor's number. The moments it took for the doctor to answer were painful to her.

"Yes Mr. D'Angelo?" The doctor's voice was heard from the other line.

"Hi, uhm it's Sylvia, it's just you haven't reached out and I'm getting worried. I-I also had a question."

"I'm so sorry for worrying you honey, I didn't reach out because all your tests came back okay and I forgot. What would you like to ask?" The doctor's voice was gentle and Sylvia took a breath before speaking.

"Is there any way I could have had a miscarriage?"

"No when I took a look down there, there was no sign of a miscarriage." Sylvia sighed in relief.

"Thank you very much doctor." She happily said.

"No problem." She hang up the phone, sneaking into bed.

"Are you finally going to sleep? You're tossing and returning is interrupting my dreaming?" Lucio complained.

"Yes, Lucio I'm going to sleep. Everything is okay, everything is perfect."