Chapter 10

Sylvia was walking to the living where she would meet Lucio. She already knew what he wanted to talk about. Going down the stairs, she immediately faced the living room. Lucio was sitting on an armchair, his hands now clean of the dye. His shirt's top buttons were undone, revealing his muscular chest.

"Come take a seat amore mio. (my love.)"
She did as told, her head held high, as she sat at the couch across from him.

"Let me take a wild guess and say; you want to know what I saw at Theodore's house. Ho sbagliato? (Am I wrong?) " Lucio smirked, giving her the answer to her rhetorical question.

"I'll tell you the whole story and you can make your own assumptions. However, you are not permitted to speak until I'm done and most importantly if I notice even a hint of pity on your face, I'll pull your eyes out with my own two hands. Is that clear?" She was pointing her finger at him. He shifted in his seat, giving her a nod in response.

"As most people in this corrupted world we live in, I had a family; two wonderful parents and an annoying younger brother. My father used to work at one of his bars, Theodore's I mean. The first time I met him, I hid behind my dad. I was terrified of him, it took me many years to realise that my gut was right. Five years ago, my whole family was murdered. Almost murdered, he left them barely alive for me to find. My mother begged me to put them out of their misery and I did. Life wasn't fucking easy for the next couple of years and when I found out Theodore was behind everything, I started training. I learned how to use daggers, guns and how to combat fight. I started making money by killing people, my end goal always being Theodore fucking Devlian. " She swallowed, her throat dry. She didn't look at Lucio, when she took a deep breath.

"At the mansion I found a room. A room dedicated to me, he had lit candles as if I'm a deity. Pictures from my childhood till now, printed and stuck on the walls. A huge picture hang from one of the walls, it was me in my underwear, after the first time I had sex. Underneath he had scratched my name onto the wall and... " She stopped, taking another breath in hopes of not throwing up again as she recalled the memories.

"There was cum underneath the picture as well. There was cum on the floor, on top of more photos of me." Silence fell to the room.

She dared look into his eyes, he was already staring at her. His face was stone cold not giving off any emotions. She noticed how he was gripping the armchair, his fingers were digging into it, evidence of anger, not pity.

"I believe that Theodore Devlian's skin will make quite the carpet." His voice deadly, making her a silent promise. A silent promise of death. Death for the one that had wronged her greatly.

"Dance with me. " The words came out of her mouth without thinking. She didn't know what else to do. She only knew that she wanted to be close to him.

She'd never show him, how hard it was for her to talk about all these horrid memories. Lucio didn't say a word, he merely stood up and extended his hand. She took it and he pulled her as close to him as possible. She rested her head on his chest, they started swaying to the soundless music of pain.

Their rhythm was slow, their feet going back and forth in sync. It wasn't like their passionate dance at the ball. This dance was different, this dance was dedicated to her molten heart.

She pulled away from his comforting embrace, gazing into his eyes. Her hand reached for his cheek, softly stroking it. She leaned forward, placing her lips on top of his. His one arm was around her waist, the other gently stroking her hair.

Their kiss was tender, they could both feel this pull poets wrote about. As if their souls were whispering to each other.

"My handsome demon; what kind of sorcery have you used to captivate my spirit?" She serenely questioned.

"My parents were each other's soulmate. My mother always told me that the moment I laid eyes upon my person I would know. You Sylvia, you are going to be my future, my salvation. "

"The darkness of my past still flows over me like a winter breeze. I hope you're certain with your declarations, I'm not one to take such statements lightly. "

"The shadows you were forced to face before dawn don't frighten me Sylvia. I just wish you'll except the corrupted parts of me as well."

"My heart wouldn't skip a beat everytime I saw you, were you not at least a little problematic. " Lucio let out a big laugh.

"Are you saying I'm insane?" He joked, acting hurt.

"You're just as sane as I am. " He dramatically gasped, making her laugh. He tackled her to the couch, pinching and tickling her. Tears from all the laughter were escaping her eyes.

"Tell me I'm the most handsome man you've ever seen." He demanded. Sylvia's response was making gagging noise. Lucio playfully rolled his eyes, kissing her lips once again. Their kiss started getting more passionate. Sylvia's hands were travelling to his torso, unbuttoning the rest of his shirt. She had the intention of going lower until they heard a scream.