Chapter 22

Lucio sat at the bar of a gala Giovanni had forced him to. It was full of rich people that had everythibg they wanted in life. They all looked so happy with their gold jewelry and designer bags.

He realized that he was like that as well. Living his best life filled with riches, meaningless flings and lavish parties. A waiter appeared in front of him, holding a tray full of white powder. He'd never been one for drugs but he could use the distraction.

He pulled a twenty dollar bill from his pocket, rolling it into a tight cylinder. With a swift move, he snorted line after line of powder. The waiter's eyes widened. Lucio's head instantly felt fuzzy, his mind racing. A sudden rush of energy consumed him. He groaned, that's not the effect he was looking for. He wanted -needed- something stronger.

Reaching into his pocket, he found the small pill he'd place there in case of need. He placed it into his mouth, swallowing it and patiently waiting for the effects to kick in.

After some time he started sweating, his vision blurring. He blinked. There she was in all her glory. Her silver hair now looked white, her gown pulling to her feet. A black mist was all around her, as if the shadows were protecting her. His eyes fluttered as he opened and closed then vigorously.

She was there, walking towards him. Her hand caressed his cheek, smiling at him softly. He grabbed her hand in his own, mirroring her smile. She placed a sweet kiss on his lips before his whole world went black.

"What do you mean he just passed out Giovanni?" Liliana's furious voice woke up Lucio, who seemed to be back in his bedroom.

"He kept saying Sylvia's name and he passed out Lils." Giovanni said. Lucio stood up from his bed, his head still ringing as he opened the door.

"Lucio." Liliana breathed out, seeing him at the doorframe. He looked awful, his skin was pale and his eyes dull.

"My mind keeps playing games." He whispered, his friends looked at him confusion taking over their features.

"I've seen her twice. She visits me and I know she's not real. I-I just don't know what to do anymore." Giovanni wrapped his arms around his best friend, he wasn't a fearless Don at the moment, he was just a boy with a broken heart.

"Come on, let's have a drink." Giovanni said, the three of them going into the living room. Liliana brought a bottle whiskey and three glasses.

"Talk to us Lucio. Tell us about her." Liliana whispered pouring the liquor to the glasses.

"I'll never forget her expression when I demanded she lived with us. She was so angry, she thought that I was playing some game just to annoy her." He chuckled taking a sip from his drink.

"Every time I pissed her off, her eye twitched, it was barely noticeable. She loved to dance, she always got so excited about it."

"You should've seen how excited she got when talking about Johnny Depp." Liliana intervened.

"My invite must have gotten lost in the mail or something." They heard Antonio's voice, as he took a seat.

"I heard what you guys were talking about I have to say; Lucio how the hell did you get her to love you in such a short time? I could really use the relationship advice. " Antonio said, a small smile on his face.

"You need relationship advice Toni? Isn't your mysterious guy facade working anymore?" Liliana joked.

"Obviously not since Sylvia's first choice was Lucio and then Liliana." Antonio complained.

"Don't be a sore loser Antonio. Lucio was her soulmate and I'm a gift to humanity. It wasn't a fair competition." Lucio chuckled at Liliana's response.

"Lucio you were one lucky man that girl knew how to kiss." Liliana admitted, winking at him.

"You should've seen her on our date. She forced me to go grocery shopping, she beat three guys to a pulp." Lucio smiled, recalling the memory.

"I've seen her kill someone before. I was in a ally waiting to meet with a druggie that forgot to pay. She didn't know I was there, that woman moved like a snake. Quiet and fast." Antonio said, something the others didn't know about.

"How the hell did you know it was her? Wasn't she concealing her face?" Giovanni questioned.

"Silver hair isn't the most common thing to come by idiot."

"You know that little assassin impacted our lives a great deal." Giovanni stated, downing his drink.

"A toast to Sylvia who we'll meet again in another life. I know she's watching over us, shaking her head that we're drinking without her. She was one of the best people I've ever met and let's hope she's giving the angels up there a run for their money."

They all raised their liquor filled glasses, drinking in her honor. They downed their drinks. Lucio knew that this was real, he knew that this toast made it real. Sylvia was gone and he had to keep going without her.