What I Really Want

In the middle of our practice, my phone rang and I asked Jenna to pause the music. I raced to answer it and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Markus!"

"Hello sweet heart! How's my girl?"

"I'm fine. Just relaxing with Jenna."

"You sound...out of breath. Is everything okay?"

I take a second to calm my breathing before responding."Yeah, I'm fine! We were just dancing, that's all."

"Ooh, practicing some for me, perhaps?" He asks seductively."No, I'm not, silly. We're going to a party tonight and we're performing." I replied.

"Right. And what exactly are you wearing to this 'party'?"

I looked down at my clothes to think of an answer."Something really cute!"

Jenna raised an eyebrow.

"Splendid! Well, have fun, my love! I'm not even halfway through my father's schedule yet, so I have no clue when I'm coming home. Feel free to stay with your friend as long as you like. Maybe ask if you can spend the night?"

"Why? I though you'd feel better if I came straight home after wards."

"No!"

I jumped at the sound of him yelling.

"I-I just really don't want you to be alone in that big place. It gets creepy at night."

"I've been living with you for nearly a year and I've never been scared at night." I shrugged.

"(Y/N), don't go home, okay? Spend the night with your friend." He says in more of a demanding way than a suggestive one."I have to go now. I love you, sweetheart."

"I...love you too."

And he hung up.

I was frozen, so many thoughts rushing through my head."(Y/N)? What happened?" Jenna asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I...I don't know. He sounded so angry. Why can't I go home? Is he hiding something from me?"

"I doubt it. He probably just worries when he's not near you, like most protective boyfriends do." Jenna gave a smile and tried to lighten the mood.

I took her word for it and set my phone down on her bed.

"Why don't we grab a snack. It's almost 9, so Keith should be here to pick us up soon. And there's someone we want you to meet tonight, too."

"Meet?" I say, trying my best to hide the fact that I was on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, he's really cool. He's a good rapper, too." She chirped as she pushed me slowly through the hall and down the stairs before moving towards the kitchen.

She grabbed something from the cabinet and tossed it to me. It was a pack of cookies big enough for us to share. We walked to the living room couch and sat as she tried bringing up different topics to take my mind off of my boyfriend. Soon enough, she had me laughing at stories she told of Keith and his embarrassing moments on stage.

Her phone rang and she put it up to her ear."Yo. Yeah. Uh huh. Yup. Okay, bye!"

"Time to go?" I asked.

"You know it! Let's move!" She grabbed my hand and ran through the door, yelling goodbye to her parents who were normally upstairs working or chilling.

We got into a black car that sat in the driveway on her house.

"So glad you could join us, Milady." Keith joked as I strapped on my seatbelt."Oh, shut up. You guys basically bullied me into coming along." I laugh.