For The Better

I woke up to my phone vibrating beside my pillow. My eyes flutter open as I reach for the device slowly and answer."Mm...hello?"

"Good morning, my sweet." The soft, silky smooth voice said.

"Hey, Markus. Good morning."

"I miss you. Also, I want to apologize for my poor attitude last night. I was in a sour mood, though that's no excuse for the way I treated you and your friends. Please come home, darling." He said with a sad voice that tugged at my heart strings. My cheeks flushed pink and I smiled with a quiet giggle.

"Okay, I'm on my way. Gotta say bye to my friends first."

"Hurry, dear. I'm getting lonely."

I sat up and stretched when I hung up the phone and got up to get dressed in a comfortable outfit before waking Jenna up.

"Morning..." She mumbled, still half asleep.

"I'm going home in a bit. Just letting you know." I whisper to her. She stretches and sits up quite fast and rubs her eyes."Let me drive you."

"Thanks."

Jenna gets dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie with slides and we both make our way downstairs. Keith is on the couch, scrolling through his phone and looks up to greet us."Morning, ladies." He smiles.

"Morning."

I looked in front of the couch on the floor where Pico fell asleep the night before."Where's Pico?"

"Awe, miss him already?" Jenna teases. I slap her arm harshly and she whimpers.

"He babysits on Saturdays, so he's gone to meet the lady he sits for." Keith explained.

"Ah, okay."

Keith came along with us since he didn't want to be alone with Jenna's parents. More specifically, her father who hated his guts. We arrived at the penthouse I shared with Markus and I entered the building, going up the elevator and entering our home.

He was sitting on the couch with a random channel on as one of the butlers cleaned the room around him.

"Darling, you're home!" He exclaimed, rushing to my side and hugging me tightly.

"Ah, too tight...cant...breathe."

"Did you sleep well? Have you eaten?" He held my face in his warm hands and asked a ton of questions.

"Yeah, I slept well. I haven't eaten yet though, but I'm not hungry right now. I'll probably eat later." I replied.

He stood quietly, smiling and staring at me lovingly, but it still made me a bit uncomfortable.

"Markus? You're staring."

"I know. I'm sorry, it's just. You are so stunning and beautiful." He caressed my face softly."I love you, sweet heart."

My heart thumped harder in my chest and I smiled back."I love you, too."

"By the way, I would like to apologize to your friends as well. I was very unkind to them. Oh, I hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive me." His smile faded to a frown as he looked at the floor.

"They're very nice, I'm sure they'll forgive you."

"Oh, who was the red headed fellow with the smart mouth? It seems I ticked him off the most." He thought, taking my hand and sitting down on the white sofa.

"His name is Pico. I just met him for the first time yesterday. He's really cool, I'm sure he'll forgive you too if you apologize." I explained.

He hummed in thought, tapping his chin.