Chapter Five, Council Meeting

(Outfit same as previous chapter)

Chapter Five, Council Meeting

Still reeling from what had happened in the car park Margot entered the classroom absentmindedly, too lost in her thoughts to hear Eva calling her. Until the woman was standing right besides her, a hand on Margot's arm and a concerned look on her face causing Margot to startle a little.
"Oh, sorry Eva. I was too lost in my thoughts." Margot apologised, calming herself down forcefully. The last thing she needed was to shift.
"No worries. How're you feeling? And how is little Jayden and your brother? I hope you've all recovered well." Eva worried for the young girl she saw as a friend.
Smiling softly at the elder woman, Margot assuaged her worries as Jasper and Rosalie entered the class with the bunch of flowers.

"These are for you Miss Lahote. We hope you and your family are feeling better now." Jasper said softly. "Rumour mill." He added, seeing her confusion.
"Ah that'll explain it." Margot mused. "Thank you this really sweet of you." She said softly, as she accepted the flowers. Trying to keep her blush away. Walking over to the window sill she placed the flowers in the vase after filling it up with water. "And we've all fully recovered. Thank you for asking." She added, turning back to Jasper with a pleased smile. Jasper beamed back at her and nodded his head as he took his seat. He truly could not wait until he was out of here so he could be with his mate and his son, as that is what Jayden is to him. Graduation could not come quick enough.

***

The day seemed to go by too fast and too slow in equal measure for Margot. And all too soon the last bell of the day rang and she was out in the car park climbing on to the back of hers and Paul's bike wrapping her arms around Paul's waist, as she wondered how the Council Meeting was going to go.
"Everything is going to be fine, Mar. I promise. And you'll always have me and Jayden." Paul promised, starting the bike and leaving Forks for their home on the Reservation. Instead of heading to their house as was the norm, they drove to La Push beach where the bonfire and Council Meeting was going to take place, knowing Emily would bring Jayden with her.

Arriving in the car park they parked the bike besides Cara's aged blue sedan. Intent on finding Jayden and the rest of their tribe residing down on the beach. It was actually Jayden who first spotted them from the arms of his Auntie Cara, startling everyone with his shout.
"Mama!!" Jayden shouted, looking up from Cara, who had been throwing him in the air and catching him, just as Margot and Paul were approaching.
"Hi baby." Margot said happily, taking her son from her friend's arms and snuggling with him, and pressing kisses all over his face, making him laugh. "Mama loves you so much and I've missed you so much." She said, settling down on a blanket to read a story to her son while she waited for the meeting to start. She will say her hellos after spending time with Jayden.